The simFlight Network Forums

assignments not seen after installation

Stinger2k3

Hi,

I have been using the beta version of FSUIPC7 since August but have not used my home cockpit and FSUIPC7 recently because I have been doing some scenery design instead and didn't need it running for that.

I have now downloaded and installed the new payware version and registered it.

The installation instructions suggested that the old beta copy will be deleted and the assignments transferred however for some reason this did not happen.

Is it just a matter of copying over my ini file from the beta versions folder to the new folder?

thanks

Keith Hackett

1 hour ago, Stinger2k3 said:

The installation instructions suggested that the old beta copy will be deleted and the assignments transferred however for some reason this did not happen.

I'm not sure where you read that....
Whenever you install FSUIPC7, if the installer detects that FSUIPC7 is already installed, then it will automatically uninstall the current version and then use the same defaults (for installation folder) as your previous installation. If you don't change this and install in the same place, then all your settings will be preserved.

If you select to install into a different folder, then to preserve your settings you will have to copy across the FSUIPC7.in file together with any auxiliary files (eg. .lua, .mcro, .dll, etc) that you may use.

John

8 minutes ago, Stinger2k3 said:

My beta copy was on my desktop but the installer didn't see it

It doesn't matter where its located - it uses the registry to determine the previous installation location.
It cannot determine the previous installation location if you manually uninstall FSUIPC7 first (by using the provided/generated uninstallers), or if your beta version was very old, before I added the installer.

For future reference, when you install future versions/updates, if you just run the installer (without uninstalling first) and accept all the default values, it will update the current installation and preserve all your settings.

John

6 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

It doesn't matter where its located - it uses the registry to determine the previous installation location.
It cannot determine the previous installation location if you manually uninstall FSUIPC7 first (by using the provided/generated uninstallers), or if your beta version was very old, before I added the installer.

For future reference, when you install future versions/updates, if you just run the installer (without uninstalling first) and accept all the default values, it will update the current installation and preserve all your settings.

John

Understood. 👍