The simFlight Network Forums

Can't find FSUIPIC

I ahve a registered version of the above but not used it for a while.(I can't find my old login so have started a new one)

From memory I thought that one could open this and program controllers but I can't find it. (FSUIPIC.

I am having problems the Bravo throttle quadrant key bindings and axis settings.

1 minute ago, Boeing772 said:

I ahve a registered version of the above but not used it for a while

What version of FSUIPC and which FS are you using?

2 minutes ago, Boeing772 said:

From memory I thought that one could open this and program controllers but I can't find it. (FSUIPIC.

Sorry, what do you mean? If you are using P3D or FSX, then if FSUIPC is installed correctly it will be under the Add-ons menu.
If you are using FSUIPC7 with MSFS, then this is a separate executable./

If you want any further help, please take the time to describe what your issue actually is. I cannot help if you do not provide any information.

John

Sorry, but I have spent the last few days on various support forums trying to resolve issues with Bravo throttle quadrant.

I can't find my login details so have created a new account.  V4.???>  When I try to re-install say I have the latest version.

Using FSX on Win10.  I can't find FSUIPIC even using search, just a .dll

I am sorry for my lack of knowlege, but this would not be necessary if hardware mfr would test their products before release instead of expecting customers to sort out their bugs. The Bravo throttles have so many bugs and I am trying to find out if I am the problem and if not where do I go for help.

Maybe I am just a stupid old man, but I can't get help anywhere.

9 hours ago, Boeing772 said:

Using FSX on Win10.  I can't find FSUIPIC even using search, just a .dll

The name is FSUIPC4.DLL, not FSUIPIC. And if installed in FSX it will be in the Modules folder withing the FSX folder.

9 hours ago, Boeing772 said:

The Bravo throttles have so many bugs and I am trying to find out if I am the problem and if not where do I go for help.

If you want us to help you use FSUIPC to make assignments to your hardware, you need to just describe what you are trying to do and what is not working.  I've no idea what you mean by "so many bugs". Do you mean mechanical or electrical faults with the hardware? If so then that should be Honeycomb support or your supplier. 

Pete

Thanks Pete, I have logged detailed support tickets with Honeycomb, but they are closed over the new year break.

As it stands the config settings will not save.  As for the other issues I will wait for a response from Honeycomb.  I contacted you in the interim hoping that you may have heard of any issues with this controller.

My question is FSUIPIC a tool for programming controllers?

Sorry to be a pain,

Regards

Kevin

1 hour ago, Boeing772 said:

As for the other issues I will wait for a response from Honeycomb.  I contacted you in the interim hoping that you may have heard of any issues with this controller.

There are many Honeycomb users using FSUIPC, especially for MSFS to get around some of the issues caused by some buttons/switches continually sending events.

1 hour ago, Boeing772 said:

My question is FSUIPIC a tool for programming controllers?

Yes, it can be used for assignments, but only the registered version. If you have FSUIPC4 installed, then you should also have the documentation - take a look at that (especially the User Guide), which will give you an overview of the facilities provided.

Note that for the Honeycomb Bravo  (and also Alpha flight controls), some lua scripts were posted for these devices the other day which may also be useful if you want to assign using FSUIPC as they allow you to assign to the button numbers outside of the standard 32 button limit). They were posted in the FSUIPC7/MSFS sub-forum, but are also valid for FSUIPC4/5/6.

John