The simFlight Network Forums

Logging SimConnect

d147

This FAQ post explains how to get SimConnect logging, it gives the folder name where to place the required SimConnect.ini file. As for MSFS, it is "USER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator" (USER replaced by the actual Windows login account name). However, such a folder did not exist in my system. I created it and placed the required SimConnect.ini file in it. I did not get any logging.

My MSFS version is 1.12.13.0. Could the folder name have changed since the post update? Or could it be a matter of misspelling?

1 hour ago, d147 said:

This FAQ post explains how to get SimConnect logging, it gives the folder name where to place the required SimConnect.ini file. As for MSFS, it is "USER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator" (USER replaced by the actual Windows login account name). However, such a folder did not exist in my system. I created it and placed the required SimConnect.ini file in it. I did not get any logging.

That FAQ entry needs updating. It should go in the same location as your MSFS UserCfg.opt file, and where your FLT files are saved  - look for a line like 'FLT path =' or 'FLT UNC path =' in your FSUIPC7.log file. If you have an MS Store install, it should be something like:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\

or

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\

John

Thank you for yor fast answer.

I found the FLT path line and moved SimConnect.ini to xxx\LocalState. I got the expected logging (both console and file, since I had written 'console=Yes'). Note that the log filename did not increment at each MSFS startup until I added 'file_next_index=1'.

Thanks again.