The simFlight Network Forums

A step by Step for FSUIPC7, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, and MSFS2020

David Brewster

On 4/1/2021 at 5:25 PM, master_yan said:

Somewhere in the forums I read that you have to have a flight started before you start making the assignments in FSUIPC, but now I can't find that post. Could someone please confirm if this is the case, and in which step of the process above this should be done?

To assign to an aircraft, you have (or, it is better) to have the aircraft fully loaded, which is when you are in the 'ready-to-fly' state.

On 4/1/2021 at 5:25 PM, master_yan said:

in which step of the process above this should be done? I followed the first post and was not able to get the magnetos assigned properly.

But what is the issue? Are your magneto buttons recognised? On the Alpha, these are the ones with button numbers outside of the 32 button limit.
To assign to these, rather than using the lua scripts, you could try the latest beta release of FSUIPC7 which as native support for up to 128 buttons - please see 

• 11 months later...

I am unable to get any of the light buttons on the yoke to work with MSFS 2020 (except BCN which works with the default Alpha Yoke Profile).

For diagnostic purposes I am only working with LAND lights (I initially tried to get them all working following this post)

I have tried using both Landing Light Set (param=1/0) and Landing Light On/Off and the log has me trying both buttons. The FSUIPC_DATA.zip file contains two INI, one using Landing Light Set the other using Landing Light On/Off

Following suggestions on the post I enabled logging as follows:

• IPC Reads
  • IPC Writes
  • Buttons & Keys
  • Lua Plugins
  • Log Lua Separately 
  • Offsets
    • Offset=3340, Type=U32, Hex=Enabled

Also, as suggested, I made the key assignments only after the aircraft is loaded and "Starting everything now" is shown in the logs.

Attached are my INI and LOG files (lua logs too large to upload)

Any help would be appreciated.

FSUIPC7_DATA.zip

Disregard my post. I figured out the problem. I also have a Honeycomb Throttle quadrant and it had mapped the buttons on that the Throttle quadrant to the lights. Once I removed these mapping FSUIPC worked.

Suggestion: In the original post step #6 add instructions to ensure that no other joystick controls are mapped as was my case.

Regards,

-phil

Just now, PhllpS said:

Disregard my post.

Ok, was just about to reply...
Still, several things you should know:
  - this post is quite old and shouldn't be followed! You do not need the lua scripts for the Alpha and Bravo anymore, not since FSUIPC v7.1.0 released in May 2021. Up to 128 buttons are now recognised natively, so you should remove those lua scripts and assign to the physical button numbers
  - you are using an old version of FSUIPC. The latest (and only supported) version is v7.3.2 - please update
  - do not activate so much logging! Only activate logging needed for your issue, which would have been Events and Buttons & Keys. You very rarely need to activate logging for IPC reads/writes especially...
  - the best resource to use, especially for beginners, is the MobiFlight HubHob resource (https://hubhop.mobiflight.com/). As you are using the Asobo C172, if you search that preset list you would see the following presets for Landing lights: C_172_LIGHTS_LANDING_ON C_172_LIGHTS_LANDING_OFF. You can assign to these in FSUIPC7 using Preset: C 172 Lights Landing On and Preset: C 172 Lights Landing Off.

John

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, heaviron46 said:

When I click on the links to download the scripts, it states I do not have permission.  I have tried logging in with Sim user name and password to no avail.  

I think thus was because you are a new user and your first post needed approval. You should be ok now.

Note, however, this post is quite old now and many things have changed. You no longer need the lua scripts for the Alpha/Bravo for FSUIPC to recognise the buttons > 32 - FSUIPC now recognises up to 128 buttons natively (see my precious comment).

John

Thank you.  I am very new to this and trying to get this up and running for my husband.  Any information on the throttles you can provide?  When they sold this to me, I thought how hard can it be?  They said plug it in and you are good to go.   

On 6/10/2022 at 10:53 PM, heaviron46 said:

Any information on the throttles you can provide?

Throttle controls are dependent on the aircraft that you are using. You can set up a general throttle assignment by assigning to 'send direct to FSUIPC Calibration' and selecting the Throttle control (or individual Throttle1 and Throttle2 controls) and then calibrating, but any given aircraft may need a profile-specific throttle set-up for that aircraft using the controls (or lvars) that are available for that aircraft.

I suggest that you read the user guide section 'The Easy Step-by-Step Way to Calibrate Your Controls' and take it from there.
If you require further assistance, please pause a separate support requests in either the main support forum or the FSUIPC7 specific sub-forum, describing the issues you have together with details of the FS version (P3D, FSX, MSFS2020) and aircraft that you are trying to configure.

John

• 7 months later...

In level flight, a single-engine aircraft is constantly descending (the trimmer has to be turned constantly) and often falls sharply to the left and falls.  There is no wind.  In the settings of the steering wheel, everything is centered and everything works correctly

Can di this after installing the FSUIPC7 settings and scripts

36 minutes ago, edsaw34 said:

In level flight, a single-engine aircraft is constantly descending (the trimmer has to be turned constantly) and often falls sharply to the left and falls.  There is no wind.  In the settings of the steering wheel, everything is centered and everything works correctly

Can di this after installing the FSUIPC7 settings and scripts

What has this got to do with the topic you posted in?

Please use the FSUIPC7 support forum if you have any issues: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/183-fsuipc7-msfs/

I am locking this topic for further comments.

John