The simFlight Network Forums

Can I adjust two function at one axis and change the function once the thrust is adjust at FLEX or TOGA?

Hello!

I have the thrustmaster TCA airbus edition but I don’t have a Pedals so I would like to adjust the yaw axis as nose wheel steering at ground and once I adjust the thrust in FLEX or TOGA it change to yaw and I would like too adjust the buttons to change the function once the aircraft is in the air ex: the buttons that I used to put the parking brake in the air I would like to used to adjust lights.

kind regards!

Diego

9 hours ago, dserrano said:

I would like too adjust the buttons to change the function once the aircraft is in the air ex: the buttons that I used to put the parking brake in the air I would like to used to adjust lights.

That should be straightforward by using an 'offset condition' on your button assignment (on offset 0x0366 - please see the advanced user guide for details.
The basic method to do this is to make one assignment to your button for when on the ground, then add the offset condition to that assignment by manually editing your ini. Then comment out that assignment, and make your second assignment (when in air) to the  same button. then edit the ini again, adding an offset condition to that assignment, and also re-enabling the assignment that you commented out earlier. You then have tow assignments for that button, one which will apply in the air and the other on the ground.

9 hours ago, dserrano said:

I would like to adjust the yaw axis as nose wheel steering at ground and once I adjust the thrust in FLEX or TOGA it change to yaw

This is also possible but trickier. You would have to have a lua script to have different functions on an axis. This post should help: 

John

10 hours ago, dserrano said:

I would like to adjust the yaw axis as nose wheel steering at ground and once I adjust the thrust in FLEX or TOGA it change to yaw

Was thinking of this too, perhaps easier than lua?
While not using throttle position exactly, it relies on the "effect" of throttle position --> speed. Assign the axis to both Rudder &  Nose Wheel Steering and then use the .ini parameters  MaxSteerSpeed=<speed> and optionally RudderBlendLowest=<speed>. ( In advanced users .pdf )

Roman

about offset in ground and  in flight was easy and I have adjusted it but the change of functions in the Axis I would like to have the Tiller as the main function when I start the flight and once I press a button change to Rudder. I tried to used this LUA but doesn't work! 

What do I need to do?

On 1/14/2021 at 7:24 PM, dserrano said:

I tried to used this LUA but doesn't work! 

You cannot just use that script, as thats for rudder/aileron. I recommended you reading that to give you an idea of what sort of thing you need to do in your lua script for this. Did you try writing your own lua, maybe based upon that one?

I'm sorry but I'm very busy and don't have time at the moment to write a lua for you, but can help if you come across any issues if you try yourself.

John

P.S. Just checked that script and its probably not a good idea to base yours on that, you sshould start from scratch but it would be quite difficult if not familiar with lua. Did you try Roman's suggestion, with a negative value for MaxSteerSpeed for example?