The simFlight Network Forums

How to disable FSUPIC 7.0.4 autostart when starting MSFS

karlo922

4 minutes ago, karlo922 said:

Hi, how can I disable the auto start of FSUIPC when I start MSFS?

In the latest version of FSUIPC7, v7.0.4, FSUIPC7 is started from the MSFS EXE.xml file. If you don't want it to start with MSFS, edit that file and remove the section that starts FSUIPC7. If you don't use it to start any other programs, you can remove the file completely.

For MS Store installs, it should be located under your AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\ folder.
For Steam installs, its under AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator.

John

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Robarith said:

Could this be a checkbox or option in the FSUIPC interface? Not really the best development ethos forcing something to open up without any instruction or user friendly way to remove it.

Previous versions of FSUIPC have always started automatically with the FS. However, I can make this optional for FSUIPC7 in a future release.

hi. First of all, apologies if this is not in the correct forum. Yesterday i purchased the self load cargo program and havent managed to get it up and running. I emailed Steve and he pointed me in your direction. Basically when i start msfs it pops up an error message saying fsuipc7.exe application is unable to start properly with a long code . I have uninstalled and followed the instructions but it still wont work. Would appreciate any help. Thanks. Chris

@Cjones63223 Please try the steps outlined in the README.txt:

Problems running FSUIPC7
========================
1. If you receive the following error when running FSUIPC7:
        The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.
   then you need to uninstall the 2015, 2017 and 2019 VC++ redistributibles from the Windows App management panel, and then re-installed
   the combined redistributable packages (usually both the x86 and x64 ones) from here:
       https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads
   Also see https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vcruntime140dll/8fe4965d-2013-49cb-816e-17cc2bb0c077?auth=1
2. If you receive a pop-up System Error from MSFS when auto-starting FSUIPC7, also please also try the steps outlined in 1. above.
   You can also try starting FSUIPC7.exe manually to see if any errors are given.

John

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/20/2021 at 9:56 AM, John Dowson said:

Previous versions of FSUIPC have always started automatically with the FS. However, I can make this optional for FSUIPC7 in a future release.

Hi John,

I'm new to FS since 2020 and by proxy am also new to FSUIPC7. Can understand why a lot would want this but I'm only using it at the moment for 1 application that doesn't use SimConnect and for this I don't use it every time I have the sim open hence why I don't see the point in having it open every time. Though like I say, I know a lot use this for interfacing their controllers etc so I get the reasoning behind this. 

On 1/20/2021 at 2:22 PM, John Dowson said:

@Robarith I have just update the installer and made the auto-start of FSUIPC7 a configurable option if you would like to download and try it.

Sounds like a great little QoL addition! For now I've removed it from the exe.xml but when I need to update I will certainly give that a try. Thanks again for your help.

• 3 weeks later...

John,

Thank you for a terrific product.  I've been using fsuipc for about as long as it's been available.  20 years or so it seems to me.  Anyway please change the part that it automatically boots the sim or the sim boots fsuipc, I'm not sure which does what but I am always closing a window telling me fsuipc is already running.  I have a very specific order of running items because I boot the Sim in VR.  Having that annoying window that says fsuipc is already running causes me to remove my head gear and take care of it in 2D.

Thank you

12 hours ago, OldBob said:

Anyway please change the part that it automatically boots the sim or the sim boots fsuipc, I'm not sure which does what but I am always closing a window telling me fsuipc is already running.  I have a very specific order of running items because I boot the Sim in VR.  Having that annoying window that says fsuipc is already running causes me to remove my head gear and take care of it in 2D.

The auto-start feature, which updates the MSFS EXE.xml file so that MSFS starts FSUIPC7,  is optional since the v6.0.12 release. Re-run the installer and de-select the auto-start component.

In versions prior to v6.0.12, the FSUIPC installer provided an optional desktop-link that wouls show a splash screen, start MSFS and then start FSUIPC7 30 seconds later. In the latest installer, the desktop link is still provided (optional), but this only now shows a splash screen while MSFS is starting - it  no longer starts FSUIPC7.

John 

First of all, I am old and so only know a minimum about computers.  I have had and used MS Flight simulators starting with 2000.  When I was using MS 2004, I purchased Precision Flight Controls Cirrus II and their Avionics and so used FSUIP to make the controls work. When I started using MSX I got an FSUIPC4 Key.

I have acquired a new computer and the MSFS 2020.  The computer is windows10.  I would also like to continue flying MSX.  From what I am reading, it looks as if I might have to have more than one FSUIP program. Can you please advise this 89 Year old retired pilot what I need to make my down loaded MSFS2020 work and what I need to do, if anything to down load and use MSX.  

Thank You,

John

9 hours ago, John Walker said:

I have had and used MS Flight simulators starting with 2000.  When I was using MS 2004, I purchased Precision Flight Controls Cirrus II and their Avionics and so used FSUIP to make the controls work. When I started using MSX I got an FSUIPC4 Key.

I assume you needed the PFChid module also to link the PFC Cirrus to FSUIPC and thence to FS2004?

Support in MSFS is similar, but it is now a 64-bit simulator, and FSUIPC7 is an external program instead of being an internal module. Otherwise things are similar. You need FSUIPC7 installed, and the latest PFChid64.DLL module as well, in the same folder as FSUIPC7.EXE. These parts are available on the website http://fsuipc.com/.

Pete

As well as what Pete has said, if you want to try the registered facilities, then you need a separate license for FSUIPC7 which can be purchased from SimMarket. You should try it before purchasing to make sure that it is still something you need. I am just about to post a time-limited license in the topic, which you can download and try: 

John