The simFlight Network Forums

Game is already running issue

GoldWinger

Ive been running MSFS2020 since Sept 2020.  A few days ago I started my trial of P2A.  It didn't work.  I downloaded FSUIPC7, unzipped and installed.  I run MSFS2020 and get into the cockpit with everything working, start FSUIPC7 and P2A.  P2A starts up and looks good but I get an error from FSUIPC7 which says " Game is already running " and shuts itself down and never completes.  I do not get an Icon in my taskbar.  P2A never gives me the 3 lines of text but does say "Simulator Disconnected".    What do I need to do.  Thx Bunches for your help.

15 minutes ago, GoldWinger said:

I downloaded FSUIPC7, unzipped and installed. 

When did you download, and which version? Did you install with the 'auto-start' option?
Maybe download again (installer was updated yesterday) and re-install (no need to uninstall first) and try again. FSUIPC7 should be auto-started with MSFS (if you select that option, which is selected by default). 

If after re-installing (AND reading the README.txt and Installation and Registration guide) you still have problems, please post again and attach the relevant files - your installation log and your FSUIPC7.log file (if there is one).

John

Ive been running MSFS2020 since Sept 2020.  A few days ago I started my trial of P2A.  It didn't work.  I downloaded FSUIPC7, unzipped and installed.  I run MSFS2020 and get into the cockpit with everything working, start FSUIPC7 and P2A.  P2A starts up and looks good but I get an error from FSUIPC7 which says " Game is already running " and shuts itself down and never completes.  I do not get an Icon in my taskbar.  P2A never gives me the 3 lines of text but does say "Simulator Disconnected".    What do I need to do. 

I've downloaded FSUIPC7 and reinstalled (did not remove old program).  in starting thefsuipc7 executable the error (attached ) occured.  Also the program FSUIPC7 did not showup in the system tray as stated in the documentation.  I used all default options except the program we installed on my J: drive and not my 😄drive.

File attached.

error.png

23 minutes ago, GoldWinger said:

I downloaded FSUIPC7, unzipped and installed.  I run MSFS2020 and get into the cockpit with everything working, start FSUIPC7 and P2A.

If you are using the current (latest) version of FSUIPC7, then FSUIPC7 is automatically loaded by MSFS when that is running. So, in that case don't try running it again!  You don't need to!

Pete

10 minutes ago, GoldWinger said:

OK thx however the original problem is still outstanding.  there is no connectin between P2A and MSFS.  P2A does not show the 3 lines in the lower right corner.  when I press the Conect button on P2A it says " Simulator Disconnected ".  

I think you need to ask about this on the P2A forum. But first try making sure you have pressed the "fly" (or is it "fly now" ) and are actually on the point of flying.

Pete

they are the ones who sent me to you...  I'm in the plane ready to taxi and fly.  Flight plan laid in and ready.  I go to P2A and it doesn't say connected with the 3 lines in the communications box in the bottom right corning.  They think its the connection, you think its P2A.  I will go back to them and see what they say....   Not a happy camper at this point.

2 hours ago, GoldWinger said:

I've downloaded FSUIPC7 and reinstalled (did not remove old program).  in starting thefsuipc7 executable the error (attached ) occured.  Also the program FSUIPC7 did not showup in the system tray as stated in the documentation.  I used all default options except the program we installed on my J: drive and not my 😄drive.

Is that the error you get when you start FSUIPC7 manually, or when MSFS tries to start FSUIPC7?
Anyway, P2A cannot connect if FSUIPC7 isn't running.

First, try following these instructions from the README.txt:

Problems running FSUIPC7
========================
1. If you receive the following error when running FSUIPC7:
        The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.
   then you need to uninstall the 2015, 2017 and 2019 VC++ redistributibles from the Windows App management panel, and then re-installed
   the combined redistributable packages (usually both the x86 and x64 ones) from here:
       https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Also see https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vcruntime140dll/8fe4965d-2013-49cb-816e-17cc2bb0c077?auth=1
2. If you receive a pop-up System Error from MSFS when auto-starting FSUIPC7, also please also try the steps outlined in 1. above.
   You can also try starting FSUIPC7.exe manually to see if any errors are given.

John

Just wanted you to know.  Finally - after 2 full days of working on this !! ! ! !   I installed the 2019 VC++ and it started to work.  The 3 lines of code are there and the Connected button is green.  Thanks for your help...  Now I need to find out if I can restart my 10 day trial.  Thanks again for your help.