The simFlight Network Forums

Can't make reversers activate on the same axis as Throttle

Hi !

I just got the paid version of FSUIPC7 and I might be a bit tired or extra dumb as I can't make this work :

I have a T16000M and I managed to get the throttle working as it was pretty simple. But want I want to do is to program a button that actually reverse the axis, so when I activate the button and put throttle to max, it would be max reversers.

I had no clue to do that and the Manual didn't helped me.

14 hours ago, Anthoam said:

I had no clue to do that and the Manual didn't helped me.

This is not covered inthe manual because it has never been a normal requirement. Most folks either have a reverse zone on the main throttle axis, with an idle zone somewhere above what would otherwise be the fullback idle position, or use a button sending "throttle decr" to obtain reverse. There have been plug-in Lua scripts to do what you want, and there are probably some in the User Contributions subforum above.

However, I believe that MSFS, unlike previous versions of Flight Sim, does provide a control to switch over the throttle to reverse. I've read about it somewhere here, probably in the MSFS subforum, which is probably where you should have posted. I expect John, who is dealing with MSFS, will be able to assist you.

Ah, I see John has actually replied in the time it took me to write this!

Pete

7 hours ago, John Dowson said:

You need to assign to the control Throttle Revers Thrust Toggle.
However, this control/event seems to be broken since the last MSFS update. I have reported this to Asobo.

John

7 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

This is not covered inthe manual because it has never been a normal requirement. Most folks either have a reverse zone on the main throttle axis, with an idle zone somewhere above what would otherwise be the fullback idle position, or use a button sending "throttle decr" to obtain reverse. There have been plug-in Lua scripts to do what you want, and there are probably some in the User Contributions subforum above.

However, I believe that MSFS, unlike previous versions of Flight Sim, does provide a control to switch over the throttle to reverse. I've read about it somewhere here, probably in the MSFS subforum, which is probably where you should have posted. I expect John, who is dealing with MSFS, will be able to assist you.

Ah, I see John has actually replied in the time it took me to write this!

Pete

Thanks for both of your responses. I did try the Reverser Toggle button (in FSUIPC and directly on FS2020) but it wouldn't work with axes being operated by FSUIPC, but I didn't know it was broken in the program so it might just be the case.

For now I just had to bind a button to make the throttle decrease when holding it, and returning to idle when released.

Thanks again.