The simFlight Network Forums

FS2020 FSUIPC7 Offset for LVLCHG (level change) ??

hermann

Hello from Austria!

Please help me:

I use an autopilot hardware from Opencockpits with a script some years old. 

Now in FS2020 there are some standard planes (eg. Cessna 172,  Citation etc.) where LVLCHG is possible.

But I cannot find an offset for it. 

Can you help me please?

Thanks in advance and best regards

Hermann

6 minutes ago, hermann said:

Now in FS2020 there are some standard planes (eg. Cessna 172,  Citation etc.) where LVLCHG is possible.

Is that the Autopilot Flight Level Change? Thats readable at offset 0x0B49 (but nor writeable).

7 minutes ago, hermann said:

I use an autopilot hardware from Opencockpits with a script some years old. 

What sort of script was that - lua? How does that control the 'LVLCHG' - or doesn't it and you want to add this functionality?

John

Just now, hermann said:

I use the SIOC program and want to add LVLCHG as a new funktionality

But I don't use or know about SIOC, and am not sure what LVLCHG is. It would help if you could answer my questions...:

5 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Is that the Autopilot Flight Level Change? Thats readable at offset 0x0B49 (but nor writeable).

?

6 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

What sort of script was that - lua? How does that control the 'LVLCHG' - or doesn't it and you want to add this functionality?

?

It seems that LVLCHG and FLCH (Flight Level Change) are the same thing but different names (for different aircraft), so maybe try offset 0x0B49. First, check to see if this is populate correctly (i.e. read). This offset is based upon the following simvar (although is not documented as simvar available via SimConnect) - from the MSFS SDK documentation:

AUTOPILOT FLIGHT LEVEL CHANGE Boolean, toggles the autopilote Flight Level Change mode

I added this as read only but I'm not sure why - I can't remember if I tested this for write access (as this is not defined in the SimConnect documentation). I could maybe try adding write access to this simvar to see if that works.

Otherwise, you may have to wait until there is access to lvars to see if its available via that route.

John

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hermann said:

Is it possible that you can give write access to it? (it is not urgent)

Its not possible at the moment. This is the comment I added when this was added:

Offset 0x0B49 (AUTOPILOT FLIGHT LEVEL CHANGE) is read-only. There is currently no control (that I am aware of) that you can use to assign this to a button. Due to this, at least for the time being, you can assign a keypress in MSFS to the MSFS control TOGGLE AUTOPILOT FLIGHT LEVEL CHANGE (or, probably better, two assignments to AUTOPILOT FLIGHT LEVEL CHANGE ON/OFF, with an offset condition on 0x0B49) and then assign your buttons or switches to those key presses.

But a user then reported that those (MSFS-only) controls weren't working. Here's the post:

I would first try if those events mentioned work in MSFS. If they do, then it should be possible to assign to a key press, which you could also send via an offset if needed (i.e. the general control offset at 3110 with FSUIPC added control 1010 for key press and release).

Other than that, you could see if the additional controls provided by MobiFlight can handle FLC/LVLCHG, either in the MobiFlight topic in this forum (see below) or on the MobiFlight channels.

For MobiFlight controls, see this topic (there are also other topics on installing and using MobiFlight with FSUIPC7): 

John

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
18 minutes ago, cjkreklow said:

There's an event FLIGHT_LEVEL_CHANGE that seems to be working for me in almost all cases.  I've added it via a custom event file, but it would be nice to be built in.

I had added these when they appeared in the documentation, but when I tried to use them I got unrecognised errors when trying to request them. These are the ones that were not recognised:

//{KEY_AP_FLIGHT_LEVEL_CHANGE						, "AP_FLIGHT_LEVEL_CHANGE"}, -- NAME_UNRECOGNIZED
//{KEY_AP_FLIGHT_LEVEL_CHANGE_ON					, "AP_FLIGHT_LEVEL_CHANGE_ON"}, -- NAME_UNRECOGNIZED
//{KEY_AP_FLIGHT_LEVEL_CHANGE_OFF					, "AP_FLIGHT_LEVEL_CHANGE_OFF"}, -- NAME_UNRECOGNIZED
//{KEY_AP_ALTITUDE_SLOT_INDEX_SET					, "AP_ALTITUDE_SLOT_INDEX_SET"}, -- NAME_UNRECOGNIZED
//{KEY_AP_HEADING_SLOT_INDEX_SET					, "AP_HEADING_SLOT_INDEX_SET"}, -- NAME_UNRECOGNIZED
//{KEY_AP_VS_SLOT_INDEX_SET							, "AP_VS_SLOT_INDEX_SET"}, -- NAME_UNRECOGNIZED
//{KEY_AP_SPEED_SLOT_INDEX_SET						, "AP_SPEED_SLOT_INDEX_SET"}, -- NAME_UNRECOGNIZED
//{KEY_AP_RPM_SLOT_INDEX_SET						, "AP_RPM_SLOT_INDEX_SET"}, -- NAME_UNRECOGNIZED

However, I'm not sure what version I last tested these. I will take a look and if they are now available I will re-activate.

There are a lot of new events in the last couple of SU updates. I still need to revise the documentation to see what else can be added. I am planning to do this in the next few days/weeks, once I have cleared the backlog of support requests (and updated my various systems to the latest MSFS/P3D releases....).

John

It looks like the documentation doesn't match reality (surprise!) since the event is just FLIGHT_LEVEL_CHANGE with no AP_ prefix.  I'm not sure if I tried the _ON and _OFF variants, I think I discovered it looking through the aircraft XML logic, and the toggle is what I need for the button I'm using anyway.

Collin

3 minutes ago, cjkreklow said:

It looks like the documentation doesn't match reality (surprise!) since the event is just FLIGHT_LEVEL_CHANGE with no AP_ prefix.  I'm not sure if I tried the _ON and _OFF variants, I think I discovered it looking through the aircraft XML logic, and the toggle is what I need for the button I'm using anyway.

Ok. When I look at this I will try both with the AP_ prefix and without, to see if any are recognised.

Thanks for the info.

John

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

When I look at this I will try both with the AP_ prefix and without, to see if any are recognised.

They still don't work with the AP_ prefix, but the following are accepted:
    FLIGHT_LEVEL_CHANGE
    FLIGHT_LEVEL_CHANGE_ON
    FLIGHT_LEVEL_CHANGE_OFF
    RPM_SLOT_INDEX_SET

I also checked other previously unrecognised control, and the following are also now available:
    BEACON_LIGHTS_ON
    BEACON_LIGHTS_OFF
    AP_SPD_VAR_SET_EX1

I will add these in the next release of FSUIPC7.

John