The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7 steering tiller assign to B787 suddenly doesn't work.

CamoVecmin

Not sure what is going on. I start MSFS, reload all the assignment. Start from cold and dark. As soon as I want to steer to the left or right and my joystick reach its deadzone, the B787 just stop. I put a lot of thrust but the aircraft just pushing the nose gear forward.

I reset and rescan, assign to the steering set, calibrate my joystick, got to steering tiller and redo again. The aircraft just acting like it was before, it will take a few test and trail before it got that nice setting but then all setting gone as I quit and restart msfs.

I am baffle as to what is happening to this aircraft, when I purchased FSUIPC7, it work like a charm, I just set the setting to steering tiller and I was having fun for a week before all this happened. Damn ASOBO for not being able to fix this.

Attach is the*ini and log for your information. I lost hope already and will not touch this B787 anymore.

FSUIPC7.log FSUIPC7.ini

2 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

The logs look ok now. They show a few full -ve tiller deflections and some positive (but only up tp 2/3rds). There are a few rudder axis controls so they must be either from an MSFS assignment or auto-rudder. How was the handling - do you get the same problem? If so, I'm not sure there's much that can be done. Is the handling better using Steering Set or better using FSUIPC's Steering Tiller control? You can switch back to the other control to compare.
You could also assign your tiller axis to both the rudder and the steering tiller axis (and turn off auto-rudder) to see if that helps.

When did you notice the change in the steering handling? Was this after (or before) the last MSFS update?

I'll have a look at the B787 later today to see what works best for me and report back.

Thanks John, looking forward to a setting that I can copy.

I did a few tests this morning, and found that its more responsive if I assign Direct to FSUIPC calibration and use the Steering Tiller control, so switch back to this - but I think you should also disable auto-rudder in MSFS as this may interfere...
It still slows slightly during tight turns (but a lot less pronounced than when using MSFSs Steering Set control) and an occasional touch of more power is sometimes needed to keep the aircraft moving. Just did a few circles taxiing on the runway at Heathrow with about 10% power (fixed) without an issue. I took a video from my phone to show you but having difficulties transferring it to my PC - also tried to take a video from the cockpit view using GForce Experience but that didn't seem to work either...

There's not much else I can do. I think if the ground steering isn't accurate on the B787, you need to report to Asobo.