The simFlight Network Forums

Throttles well setted but not work in p3d 5.1

Hi Pete,
another strange problem has been affecting me since yesterday.
I haven't touched any in prepar3d 5.1 and fsuipc 6 prepar files.

I just updated maddogX to the latest release. Everything ok so far but as of this morning the two engine throttles, even if I open fsuipc are set correctly and I see them move with the correct values, they do not give power to the engines. If I try with a joystick I have an emergency yes.
In the same bodnar card, yokes flaps tillers spoiler axles, brakes and pedals work perfectly.
I also tried to reset the two values I reconfigured them but nothing to do.

Thank you if you can give me an idea on what to investigate.

thank a lot

Simone

41 minutes ago, sisoffi said:

I just updated maddogX to the latest release.

So that was the only change?

41 minutes ago, sisoffi said:

Thank you if you can give me an idea on what to investigate.

Since the only change is the updated aircraft, either that went badly wrong, or it is faulty. Don't they have a website for support?

One remote possibility is that they changed to methods like those used by some PMDG and Aerosoft aircraft -- doing their own interception of the throttle axes so that calibrated values in FSUIPC are bypassing that and being ignored. However, that is a very big change if so. Still really a question for their support, but you could try resetting the calibration in FSUIPC and assigning only to the Axis Throttle Set controls.

Pete

thanks Pete,
yes i only did that update but it works very well.
Strange that they have switched to a specific assignment of the throttles because in fact both with the keyboard and with the joystick the slider makes the throttles move without problems, It is only through fsuipc that it does not. I also tried to reset everything and recalibrate again but nothing to do there is no way they work.

54 minutes ago, sisoffi said:

It is only through fsuipc that it does not. I also tried to reset everything and recalibrate again but nothing to do there is no way they work

When you calibrate in FSUIPC the way the controls work is different. That's why I suggesting Resetting your calibration  -- i.e pressing the Reset button on the calibration tab, so they are no longer calibrated! And making sure you assigned to the Axis ... controls, not direct to FSUIPC.

Pete