The simFlight Network Forums

is WideFS gpsout working with MSFS2020?

3 hours ago, Giorgio Donadel Campbell said:

I'd like to use Jeppesen FliteMap moving map with MSFS 2020 as I perfectly did with FSX ?

Is it possible?

Sorry, I have no idea. What has this got to do with FSUIPC? Is FliteMap  an FSUIPC-related application? If so, it should work (but maybe needs updating for FSUIPC7, I don't know!).

Sounds more like a question for FliteMap support. Or, if its an application using the FSUIPC offsets (i.e. doesn't require an FSUIPC license), then just download and try it.
If it does need an FSUIPC license, there is a time-limited one available for you to try (on another support topic with a relevant name if you want to try it).

John

11 hours ago, Giorgio Donadel Campbell said:

in the past Peter himself used Jeppesen FliteMap with gpsout without no problem Since then nothing has changed on Flite map. It is enough to have a GPS sentences signal in a Com port. I wanted to know if this still applies today with the new FS 2020

I think the GPSout facility should work as before. I don't think that's been changed in FSUIPC7 but I haven't tried it. Whether all the data is available is another matter, but for mapping I think you only need the position, altitude, speed and direction information, and that is all available.

If you have FSUIPC7, please try it.

Pete

Hi Giorgio,

MSFS 2020 happily connects to Jeppesen Flitemap and Flitedeck, just as FSX and P3D did. I tried yesterday, using the same setup as described here (in the message by ManuManuu from Dec 15 2011).

>>> Forum Thread: fsuipc4-flitedeck-with-gpsout <<< from 2011

Just use the exakt same settings as in the post on the MSFS PC and on the second PC with Wideclient and Jeppesen software and it will work. I still use the same VSPE software.

Best regards,

Markus

10 hours ago, MarkusV said:

Hi Giorgio,

MSFS 2020 happily connects to Jeppesen Flitemap and Flitedeck, just as FSX and P3D did. I tried yesterday, using the same setup as described here (in the message by ManuManuu from Dec 15 2011).

>>> Forum Thread: fsuipc4-flitedeck-with-gpsout <<< from 2011

Just use the exakt same settings as in the post on the MSFS PC and on the second PC with Wideclient and Jeppesen software and it will work. I still use the same VSPE software.

Best regards,

Markus

Hi Markus. Thanks for your replay. Since I have not installed jet my FS 2020 I have some questions for you.  Are there gpsout all settings in FSUIPC7 ini file as in previous FSUIPC? And what about WideFS? Do you need WideFS7 or a previous WideFS where you can already find gpsout setting?  A lot of thanks again

Hello Giorgio,

yes, exactly as you describe - the settings from the 2011 post go identically into the FSUIPC7.ini on the MSFS 2020 computer. 

On my 2nd computer with the map software, I used a fresh install of WideClient (downloaded from schiratti.com/dowson.html ) and also applied the settings from the 2011 post to the WideClient.ini file. That's all.

Hope this helps,

Markus

A last question Markus since I'm late with FS installation. Ok for FSUIPC7, but what about wideFS? I dowloaded wideFS 7 from Schiratti but II saw that its ini.file has no gpsout.

settings. So have I to use a previous wideFS  version with [GPSout] Port=COM...Speed=9600 or have I to add these items to wide FS 7

Thanks a lot again

Hello Giorgio,

>  have I to add these items to wide FS 7

exactly. 

Just add these three lines at the end of your WideClient.ini file of WideFS7.  (As always ... usually the latest version works best 🙂)

[GPSout]
Port=com5
Speed=19200

Enjoy the results,

Markus

Edited by MarkusV

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...