The simFlight Network Forums

MS asked me to do something - Wide FS

katoema

18 minutes ago, katoema said:

NB: that link will not work as it  says: This action can't be completed.

Its an attached file.  You should be able to download by just clicking, but if that doesn't work then right-click and select 'Save link as...'.
If you still have issues, disable any antivirus software or add an exception.

13 hours ago, katoema said:

The issue is that the  exe dated 08/01/2021 is refusing to be deleted in order to place the latest exe in the folder. Thus it cannot launch.

Sounds like that FSUIPC7.EXE is actually running. You need to terminate it (via "Exit"). If you can't get to its interface, use Task Manager.

Windows Explorer just replaces files with the same name, just asking for confirmation. if you get another message instead of the confirmation request then you need to say what it is.

Pete

Morning Pete, the grey cells are affecting my memory, but can you clarify if I should make a fresh FSUIPC7 folder, place the new exe in it and copy across files and folders that I have already - to have some continuity with with previous versions?

Martin

15 minutes ago, katoema said:

Morning Pete, the grey cells are affecting my memory, but can you clarify if I should make a fresh FSUIPC7 folder, place the new exe in it and copy across files and folders that I have already - to have some continuity with with previous versions?

You can just re-install in the same folder (that will be the default), and then everything should work.

OK John, this time the new exe was able to install in the same folder. When I launched the sim, FSUIPC7 did not start. With MSFS running I manually launched FSUIPC7 and noted in the toolbar that it it was meant to auto start. Wide Server was enabled but the clients were not connected. I had two other PCs running in order to check the Wide Clients and both were not connected.

I let MSFS and FSUIPC7 run and eventually after 1-2 minutes the Clients connected. I will try again later and if I have the same result with FSUIPC7 not automatically launching I will revert back to you again.

Thanks

Martin

39 minutes ago, katoema said:

When I launched the sim, FSUIPC7 did not start.

Did you select to auto-start during the installation process? If so, there may be an issue with your EXE.xml file. Please show me that + your InstallFSUIPC7.log file.
Do you have a Steam or MS Store install?

40 minutes ago, katoema said:

With MSFS running I manually launched FSUIPC7 and noted in the toolbar that it it was meant to auto start.

Sorry, noticed what in the toolbar? What was meant to auito-start?

42 minutes ago, katoema said:

Wide Server was enabled but the clients were not connected. I had two other PCs running in order to check the Wide Clients and both were not connected.

You should NOT manual enable WideServer, unless you have manually disabled It will automatically enable when it is time to do so. If you manually enable, it does not necessarily mean that WideClient can connect. Just try letting it enable itself. 

45 minutes ago, katoema said:

I let MSFS and FSUIPC7 run and eventually after 1-2 minutes the Clients connected.

Yes, that sounds about right.

John, As I just placed the exe file in the FSUIPC7 folder, there was no installation process. The install log, attached, is dated 13/01/2021 in my folder and there is no other. There is no exe.xml file either! I have the Premium Deluxe Boxed with updates through MS Store.

In the FSUIPC7 toolbar, Options, the auto-connect to FS was ticked, as is Exit with FS.

Obviously there is something wrong with my installation 

Martin

InstallFSUIPC7.log

Just now, katoema said:

John, As I just placed the exe file in the FSUIPC7 folder, there was no installation process.

No point attaching an install log if you didn't use the installer.

I released v7.0.8 this morning, Please download that and run the installer to reinstall. Then, if  you have issues with either:
   - the installer crashing after installing the exe is installed or doesn't exit cleanly
   - FSUIPC7 not starting with MSFS
then show me your InstallFSUIPC7.log together with your EXE.xml, which should be located under:

<USER>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\UserCfg.opt

(the actual location will be shown in your install log file)

John/Pete, The installer worked and FSUIPC installed. The only hiccup was that during installation there were 2 different PDFs that it could not install and I pressed ignore with a successful installation of FSCUIP7. The PDFs I probably already have, whatever they are.

Launching MSFS did also launch FSUIPC7 and WideFS enabled correctly.

Sorry to have troubled you with this, but I think, as at now, anyway all seems to be functioning as it should.

Thankyou

Martin

27 minutes ago, katoema said:

The only hiccup was that during installation there were 2 different PDFs that it could not install and I pressed ignore with a successful installation of FSCUIP7.

Ok, although that's rather strange. Could the documents have been open? This would have prevented them from being uninstalled and re-installed.

But glad its all working for you now.

John

1 hour ago, katoema said:

John, no documents were open, in fact anything to do with documents for FSUIPC4 and 7 are located elsewhere.

Ok, but its very strange that this only happened with 2 documents and the remaining were installed ok. I can only think that it must be to do with permissions if the docs weren't open. Yout install log may reveal something.

Going great guns at present visiting Irish Helipads!

Ok, I'm happy about that!

• Like 1

John the install log is attached and it mentions 2 files that were skipped - is this what I would have seen?

Yes, most  probably.
However, they are not documents but config files for extra utilities:

Skipped: FSUIPC.FSI

This is a config file for the FSInterrogate2std.exe program

FSUIPCWebSocketServer.exe.config

This is the config file for the WebSocketServer.

Not sure why they were skipped though. I've attached them if you want to drop them into the correct place (the FSUIPC7/Utils folder):

FSUIPC.FSI

FSUIPCWebSocketServer.exe.config

There is also a minor error in that a link wasn't created in your FSUIPC7 folder to your FSUIPC7 documents folder:

Failed to create documents shortcut D:\FSUIPC7\Documents

But this really isn't important, especially if you know where your FSUIPC7 documents are installed.

John