The simFlight Network Forums

Lost joysticks in FSUIPC

I installed new hardware today, here's what I did:

- removed Logitech Extreme 3D Joystick

- added Thrustmaster TPR pedals

- added Thrustmaster Hotas Joystick

unchanched: Thrustmaster Hotas Throttle and a Thrustmaster T.Flight Stick X.

After that FSUIPC does not recognize any button or axis of my Thrustmaster Hotas Throttle. What could be the reason for that?

Thx,

Karl

P3D V5.1, FSUIPC 6

1 hour ago, kaha said:

After that FSUIPC does not recognize any button or axis of my Thrustmaster Hotas Throttle. What could be the reason for that?

Did you move that connection? Aren't you using Joy Letters (letters assigned to joysticks)? either can mea that when Windows sees new or changed devices and assigns different ID numbers, your assignments in FSUIPC won't match the new arrangement.

It may be easy to sort out. Please show us the FSUIPC6.INI and FSUIPC6.LOG files, which you'll find in the same folder in which you installed FSUIPC6 itself.

Pete

Thank you Pete. 

Button presses and axis movements on the Hotas Throttle do not arrive in FSUIPC. They arrive in P3D, though. 

Here is the .ini file form before my hardware change, I made a backup before I started to change hardware.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ikzjoawn2ariiif/FSUIPC6_original.ini.txt?dl=0

At that time I had connected:

- Logitech G920 Racing Wheel

- Logitech Extreme 3D Joystick

- Thrustmaster T.Flight Stick X

- Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog Throttle

And here is the new .ini file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kiqydv5itil4poz/FSUIPC6.ini.txt?dl=0

after the hardware change. Now I have installed:

- Logitech G920 Racing Wheel

- Thrustmaster T.Flight Stick X

- Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog Throttle

- Thrustmaster Hotas Stick (with F/A-18C Grip)

-Thrustmaster TPR pedals

Karl

24 minutes ago, kaha said:

Button presses and axis movements on the Hotas Throttle do not arrive in FSUIPC. They arrive in P3D, though. 

Your GUIDs have changed, and as a result your ini ids are in a mess.
You really need to enabler "JoyLetters" BEFORE you do these sort if changes.

I can sort out this mess for you, but, as Pete said, we also need to see your latest FSUIPC6.log files, as well as the inis. We need to see them together (ie. generated/uploaded at the same time - they change each time you run FSUIPC or the FS).

So, please upload your log and maybe also a new ini and I will take a look, However, I am very busy, so I may not get a chance to look into this now until next week.

John

Thank you John, this is a very generous offer.

However, I want to try to sort it out by myself. If I will not succeed, I would be very glad if I then could get back to you and ask for your help.

Thx,

Karl

As John says, you should enable joy lettering -- either AutoAssignLetters=Yes, or choose your own. There's a chapter about this in the User Guide -- see the contents list.

12 minutes ago, kaha said:

However, I want to try to sort it out by myself. If I will not succeed, I would be very glad if I then could get back to you and ask for your help.

Well, to start you off, I compared the old and new [JoyNames] sections of your INI files. Here's the results:

NEW:

0=T-Pendular-Rudder
0.GUID={2CF885A0-88A8-11EB-8001-444553540000}

2=Joystick - HOTAS Warthog
2.GUID={362ABA00-88B5-11EB-8001-444553540000}

OKAY, SAME:

1=T.Flight Stick X
1.GUID={49404110-361D-11E9-8008-444553540000}

CHANGED:

3=Throttle - HOTAS Warthog
3.GUID={DA1BF960-84A8-11EA-8001-444553540000}
to
4=Throttle - HOTAS Warthog
4.GUID={C1582410-6F74-11EA-8001-444553540000}

GONE:

2=Logitech Extreme 3D Pro USB
2.GUID={DD5DA7F0-9065-11E9-8001-444553540000}

4=Flight Velocity Trim Wheel
4.GUID={C1582410-6F74-11EA-8001-444553540000}

5=Logitech G HUB G920 Driving Force Racing Wheel USB
5.GUID={1756C4A0-28DC-11EA-8004-444553540000}
     which you say should still be seen? But it isn't! however, it's ID is not used by any other device so it should be okay if you connect it again.

-------------------------------------

So, it may not be as bad as it could have been. Unless you try to add back those three which are disconnected, the only problem is the Throttle unit. Both the ID and GUID have been changed by Windows.

Try changing the 4= and 4.GUID= to 3= and 3.GUID=. i.e.

3=Throttle - HOTAS Warthog
3.GUID={C1582410-6F74-11EA-8001-444553540000}

FSUIPC will try to force the ID to change to 3 from 4. This should work if no other devices have that ID, which I assume is true with those three removed.

--------------------------------------

THEN enable the Joy lettering.

Pete

I think I'm all set now.

It was quite a challenge. The log file told me that joystick id 0 is registered twice in the registry, so I had to clean that out. I switched to Letters, adjusted the button and axis actions and now everything works.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w30ipn5rlfng034/FSUIPC6.ini?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ysd8q262pa45lun/FSUIPC6.log?dl=0

I still have to take a look to FSUIPC 7 in MSFS now.

Thx,

Karl

10 hours ago, kaha said:

It was quite a challenge. The log file told me that joystick id 0 is registered twice in the registry, so I had to clean that out. I switched to Letters, adjusted the button and axis actions and now everything works.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w30ipn5rlfng034/FSUIPC6.ini?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ysd8q262pa45lun/FSUIPC6.log?dl=0

Glad everything's now okay. For log files etc, rather than using Dropbox, if you ZIP such files you'll find they are small enough just to attach here. Might be a little quicker for you in future.

Pete