The simFlight Network Forums

Newly Purchased FSUIPC7

TexasStar15

Just purchased and installed FSUIPC7. I've been a FSUIPC user forever and have always loved it and had no problems.  I started MSFS 2020 then started FSUIPC7 but can't get past the screen getting the cabin ready, please wait. It's there for like 30 seconds then closes down. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

1 hour ago, TexasStar15 said:

It's there for like 30 seconds then closes down. Any help would be appreciated.

Please show me your InstallFSUIPC7.log file, which should be in your FSUIPC7 installation folder. If its not there, then the installer may have crashed - when you installed to you finish the installation process and register?

Also, please let me know your installation type - Steam or MS Store?

14 hours ago, TexasStar15 said:

MS Store and I guess this is the log file that I've attached. 

That looks fine.

15 hours ago, TexasStar15 said:

I started MSFS 2020 then started FSUIPC7 but can't get past the screen getting the cabin ready, please wait.

How  are you starting MSFS? How are you starting FSUIPC7?
If you are using the desktop link created by the FSUIPC7 installer, that should start MSFS for you, and MSFS should start FSUIPC7 automatically via the EXE.xml file.
So, initially just try starting both MSFS and FSUIPC using the MSFS desktop link created by the installer. If that doesn't show the splash screen, start MSFS and then start FSUIPC7, then let me know what happens. You can also also try starting FSUIPC7 manually by double-clicking the FSUIPC7.exe in Windows Explorer, and starting MSFS how you used to, to see if that starts FSUIPC7.

If FSUIPC7 doesn't start automatically with MSFS either using the newly created desktop icon or by starting MSFS as you used to, please show me this file:
    C:\Users\jfsny\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\EXE.xml

Ok John, I got it where FSUIPC loads when the sim is started. I go into axis and try to assign axis and calibrate but nothing happens. It's like the axis is set under controls in the simulator. Is there somewhere I need to go to make sure my inputs are going into FSUIPC and not the controls on the sim. Thanks

9 hours ago, TexasStar15 said:

Is there somewhere I need to go to make sure my inputs are going into FSUIPC and not the controls on the sim.

If you are assigning in FSUIPC, best to start with an empty profile in MSFS for that device. If you create a new profile in MSFS, it will be empty by default, so just do that for each of your controllers (except mouse and keyboard, and also leave the default profile for the xbox one or 360 controller if you have one of those).

9 hours ago, TexasStar15 said:

I go into axis and try to assign axis and calibrate but nothing happens.

What do you mean 'nothing happens'? You should assign when you have an aircraft loaded and ready-to-fly.

I just don't get it. I go to axis and move the axis on my hardware but the values in the software are not changing and I see no where to go to calibrate axis. I've used FSUIPC for many years but can't figure out this version for MSFS. Guess I'll just keep playing and hopefully stumble upon a solution. Thanks John

11 hours ago, TexasStar15 said:

I see no where to go to calibrate axis. I've used FSUIPC for many years but can't figure out this version for MSFS.

When pressing ALT+F to get the FSUIPC window up don't you see a menu bar with

File   MSFS   Assignments   Options   Log    Add-ons   WideFS          Help

showing? The Assignments is where you do assignments and there are selections for Axes,  Buttons & Switches &  Key Presses.

If you don't see all of this then you haven't registered the program!

You might also peruse the documentation, which you'd find useful. but the Assignments window you'll get is pretty much the same as those you would have used in previous versions.

Pete

12 hours ago, TexasStar15 said:

I go to axis and move the axis on my hardware but the values in the software are not changing and I see no where to go to calibrate axis. I've used FSUIPC for many years but can't figure out this version for MSFS. Guess I'll just keep playing and hopefully stumble upon a solution.

As Pete says, please see the documentation. If you are having issues, please show me your FSUIPC7.log and FSUIPC7.ini files.