The simFlight Network Forums

COM Radio frequencies with 6 Digits?

TommyTomTom

Hi everybody.....

I have a problem with my setup for the COM Radios.

If I dial in the frequencies by external encoder, everything is working great inside the Radios on the screen.
Only the feedback to my external 7-Segment-Tubes is weird.

At least they need to show 6 Digits at all.

e.g. 123,235 but it's showing always 123,230, that means the last Digit ,005 is missing.
I've seen that FSUIPC7 is sending 4 Digits only from the FS and that there will be added 10000 in mobiflight to that 4 Digits.

How I can solve that problem to get at least the correct 6. Digit indicated?

I'm using MSFS2020, FSUIPC7, Mobiflight and some Arduinos Mega where the 7-Segment-Tubes are connected.

Any information is higly apprecciated...

Thanks a lot!

12 minutes ago, TommyTomTom said:

I've seen that FSUIPC7 is sending 4 Digits only from the FS and that there will be added 10000 in mobiflight to that 4 Digits.

What do you mean by ' FSUIPC7 is sending 4 Digits only from the FS'?
The COM1/COM2 frequencies in offsets 0x034E & 0x3118 are in BCD format (4-digits only). Try offsets 0x05C4 & 05C8 which contain the frequency in HZ as 32-bit ints.

8 minutes ago, TommyTomTom said:

The 25kHz spaced versions of the COM frequencies are provided in the original frequency offsets, 034E and 3118. The full frequency, allowing for the 8.33kHz spacing mode, are provided in offsets 05C4 and 05C8 respectively. They are 32-bit integers with the frequency in Hz, so allow for any spacing.

It seems that the software you are using is reading the wrong offsets for an 8.33 capable display.

Pete

with these offset i get the values in MobiFlight.
But then, there is another problem with my external 7-Segment tubes which are connected to the Arduino.
They are showing some weird values, sometimes correct but mostly wrong.
And after time they are switching off completely...

Any other stuff as encoders, switches, potentiometers, LEDs is working as expected.... only 7-Segment .... not working.

Thomas

15 hours ago, TommyTomTom said:

They are showing some weird values, sometimes correct but mostly wrong.

But where are they getting the values from? You also say

15 hours ago, TommyTomTom said:

with these offset i get the values in MobiFlight.

so I presume the offsets are holding the correct values. To make sure, you can log them using the Offset logging facility.

If the offsets are correct, there must be something going on with how your external display is getting these values.