The simFlight Network Forums

Com Radio Stby Radio Swap in updated PMDG 777

I have been using a FSUIPC programmed joystick button to accomplish the com radio stby swap so that ProATC recognizes I'm on the correct frequency. This all works fine with the PMDG 737, 747 and FSL320 and others but doesn't work with the latest updates from PMDG on the 777. PMDG support confirms they've made some changes to the SDK which probably means I'll have to program a custom code to keep using my button. So there's a great tutorial in the FAQ on how to do this but the event in the SDK reads:

bool            COMM_RadioTransfer_Sw_Pushed[3];    // MOMENTARY action

So do I not add anything to the 69632 to get the correct profile number? I'm just not savvy enough to  understand all of this. Thanks for any advice!

Fred Ziker 

12 hours ago, fzike said:

So do I not add anything to the 69632 to get the correct profile number?

What is 69632 - is that a custom control number?

I have no idea what that is or how you would access via FSUIPC, unless it is one of the values added to the PMDG offset area.

PMDG support confirms they've made some changes to the SDK

Are there changes to the SDK that require an update of the PMDG offset area? Maybe if you can show me the latest SDK header file I can compare it to the one we used the last time we updated the PMDG offsets, to see if it has changed.

13 hours ago, fzike said:

but the event in the SDK reads:

So do I not add anything to the 69632 to get the correct profile number?

That's part of the Data received from the 777X (and available in the offsets as showing in the FSUIPC offsets list for the 777X (mapped to offset 65BF. But like all of the mapped PMDG offsets it is read-only.

69632 is the base of the control Events as defined here, in the SDK:
#define THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN    0x00011000            // equals to 69632

So, you need to find the event you need to use, in the list, and add whatever it says against that to your 69632. Didn't the tutorial you refer to tell you any of that?

There looks to be 3 separate Events, called "Transfer Switch". i assume they do the job. For example:

#define EVT_COM1_TRANSFER_SWITCH                        (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 526)

So, for COM1, add 526, exactly as it says.

56 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

I have no idea what that

The transfer switches are, I think, the same as the "swap" buttons on the radios which swap the Standby and Active frequencies. Most radios don't allow you to change the active frequency directly. You change the standby then do the swap.

Pete

P.S. This belongs in the Support Forum, so I've moved it.

Thanks so much Pete! I just didn't know enough to find the 'real' third party event and add the 526 value. I did try to map to the 65BF offset not knowing that PMDG offsets are read-only. Thanks for your support!

Fred