The simFlight Network Forums

Bravo Throttle

Hi All, up until now I have used FSUIPC to control all my yokes, rudders etc. Previosly I used the CH Throttle Quadrant now i have the Bravo and it seems there is a dedicated programme to download from Honeycomb or Aerosoft? to manage this. Is it possible if this is the case to still allow FSUIPC to control my yoke and rudders but allow the Honeycomb software to control the Throttle unit?

2 hours ago, charlesallsop said:

Is it possible if this is the case to still allow FSUIPC to control my yoke and rudders but allow the Honeycomb software to control the Throttle unit?

I don't know what the Honeycomb software does - best to just try it.

Note that if you want to configure the Bravo using FSUIPC, there is a beta version available (of FSUIPC6 and FSUIPC7) that has native support for up to 128 buttons - the Bravo has several above the 32 button limit which won't be recognised natively by other versions of FSUIPC without using a lua script. It is available from here: 

Hi John, thanks for your reply, The Honeycomb software is for the Bravo Throttle Quadrant and is really recommended for this product; however I prefer FSUIPC for my other controllers for rudders, Yoke , buttons etc. So is it possible to use this as well as FSUIPC at the same time? It will require activating the controllers in P3d V4.5 setup screen under "Controls"

So is it possible to use this as well as FSUIPC at the same time?

I don't see why not, but as I say, why don't you just try it.

It will require activating the controllers in P3d V4.5 setup screen under "Controls"

That doesn't cause issues in itself, but P3D can automatically make default assignments to your controllers with this activated. Keep that in mind, and check it hasn't done this now and again - if it does, you can usually tell pretty quickly!

I have the Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, and I use the software for configuring the lights and some of the buttons (specifically, the PMDG autopilot integration). However, there's nothing stopping you from using it as a regular joystick with FSUIPC.

Cheers!

Luke

• Like 1