The simFlight Network Forums

PFC Hardware Issues

Yakrobat

I recently purchased FSUIPC7 with the intent of using with my PFC C2 Pro in FS2020.  Unfortunately, I am unable to get several of the functions to work correctly in-game despite all functions working correctly in the PFC utilities and X-Plane 11.  Though I've not exhaustively tested every input, I have discovered the issues listed below:

-          engine 1 prop lever is non-functional, engine 2 prop lever outputs as AXIS_PROPELLER1_SET
-          L/R 3-position fuel selectors do not work correctly (PFC X-feed=on, PFC on=off, PFC off=no function)
-          go-around button non-functional
-          left and right carb heat non-functional
-          alternate air source functions are carb heat

Is there a config setting or similar I'm missing that accommodates different PFC hardware options?  Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Pete

Have you checked if the controls you are using are actually working in the aircraft that you are using (you don't say which)?

Many controls/events are not working, and different aircraft can use different controls (e.g. *_EX1 controls for a/c with reverse thrust controls)
And many AP functions are not currently working in many aircraft. There are various mods around & the MobiFlight events (WASM) module that enable more functioning events.

Other than that, I cannot advise as I don't have any PFC hardware, sorry.

John

2 hours ago, Yakrobat said:

Is there a config setting or similar I'm missing that accommodates different PFC hardware options?

It isn't the different PFC hardware (the hardware is fixed and dealt with already by the PFChid driver). I think you mean the different aircraft options.

As John say, the aircraft in MSFS seem to vary in what controls they need to see for various functions. To handle such variations the PFChid driver uses FSUIPC's Macro facilities. So first you need to construct FSUIPC macros which operate the aircraft function you need. The macro names are fixed and relate to the switch or encoder on the PFC hardware. These names are listed already for you in the PFCmacroindex file.

Please see the section in your PFChid documentation entitled:

Macros: configuring a PFC HID device for FS add-ons

Unfortunately this PFChid provision doesn't work for L:Var access because macros for L:Vars use the L:Var name as the macro name. I'll talk to john about how that possibility can be addressed.

Pete

The console log shows messages that indicate functionality (ie. the switch is being read) for everything but the following items:

- engine one prop lever
- go-around button
- left/right carb heat
- radio altimeter knob

As this sort of thing is definitely not my bailiwick, I've linked to a short video showing what I'm seeing: www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYOS0aLk3_g

Thanks!

Pete

1 hour ago, Yakrobat said:

The console log shows messages that indicate functionality (ie. the switch is being read) for everything but the following items:

- engine one prop lever
- go-around button
- left/right carb heat
- radio altimeter knob

Did you have this console working before? With which driver?

I know of no reason for any buttons or axes not being recognised, though i admit I have never seen a throttle lever fitted with buttons except the one fitted for me by PFC is my PFC737NG cockpit. But that's using the old serial protocol, not HID like the cirrus.

Do you have a test program supplied by PFC which allows you to verify the operation of these switches and buttons?

As far as I remember, all 6 possible quadrant axes, plus the yoke and pedals, are treated like normal joystick devices and assigned to whatever you want -- prop pitch or more throttles, for instance, to support 1,2,3 or 4 engined planes, jet or turbo or simple prop.

Please use the logging facilities built into the PFCHid64 driver. You'll see you can have a Console display for that (but turn off the FSUIPC one -- only one console can be owned by a process). You can log the Comms (very much logging would ensue), the Data (a bit less data) and the Decoded meaning. Start with just the last and see what it gets for those switches.

I'm not in a position to test here nor do any more PFC development, as I don't have the requisite hardware now. PFC driver development for FS terminated many years ago. The only recent change was recompiling for 64-bit, for use with P3D4 and P3D5, and it is that version being applied to MSFS.

Incidentally, the button I think you are calling "go around" is the A/T disconnect button. the TOGA button is normally fitted lower down.  And I think there was only one carb heat switch on the Cirrus I had for a while. FS only supported one in any case. I don't recall the R-Alt button. Is that the one used for ALT mode on the autopilot? If so I know it as ALT. Not sure what you can adjust on a radio altimeter -- it just measures your altitude from the ground provided you are low enough for the radar to operate.

And if you want me to look at anything, please supply the Logs themselves, nit a moving picture of them which I cannot read.

Pete