The simFlight Network Forums

New to FSUIPC I have some questions prior to purchase

able724

Good evening,

I'm trying to understand what FSUIPC7 does.  There are a number of controls in various aircraft within MSFS 2020 that I can not seem to figure out how to configure to work with the various controllers I have.

I own and use an Alpha Yoke, a Bravo Throttle Quadrant, a Blackhog button box, and a Virpil MongooseT-50CM Throttle (it has a number of axis, switches, and buttons that are usefull).

The best example I can think of is the Fuel Pump in the Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan.  It is a 3 position switch (Off/On/Boost).  The switch is operable by mouse clicks but I can't set it to the on position by controls that are assignable to key presses or button presses in the MSFS Control settings.  Is it possible to set something like this up in FSUIPC?  If a control is clickable in the cockpit can I (and I'll need some guidance on how) setup a button press to operate that control?

Next, the Fuel valve switches.  Both are interdependently manipulable by mouse clicks, however, they are both configured in the control setting as Fuel Tank 1 (this means that short of binding a simple On/Off switch that operates both simultaneously, you turn one on and the other off with a single button press.  Can FSUIPC separate this?

I've downloaded and installed the 'demo' but can't seem to find a place to look at and make key assignments so I can experiment with the software and see if It will meet my needs.  I've watched some tutorial videos on FSUIPC, but can't see the assignments tab.  Is that because I'm not using a registered version?

Thank you in advance for the information and your assistance.

Edited by able724
New information

Well, after digging around on various websites, forums, youtube videos, and asking in the MSFS 2020 Discord server (why does FSUIPC not have it's own discord server?  Everyone seems to have one these days.)  I finally came to the conclusion that, between FSUIPC and Linda (which now supports MSFS 2020) that I could probably do what I wanted to and more.  So I jumped and bought a copy.  I hope it works out.

I had to update to the latest beta version as my VPC Mongoose T-50 CM throttle has more than 32 buttons, but I'm grateful to have it.  Now I get to experiment with finding the right control to manipulate the plane settings I want.

Any advice on how to find which controls to bind in FSUIPC?

9 hours ago, able724 said:

So I jumped and bought a copy.  I hope it works out.

So do I! I do provide temporary/time-limited licenses for you to try before you buy...but too late now!

Any advice on how to find which controls to bind in FSUIPC?

Some controls work on some aircraft and not on others, so you need to try them, You can use 'profiles' to have different assgnments to different aircraft.
One way to determine what controls are used is to activate logging for events (and also open the log console). If you then click on the UI element you want to control, you should see the event (and parameter) that it is using. You can then try assigning to that. However, be aware that not all events logged from the UI will work when sent via Simconnect (i.e. from FSUIPC). There are various posts both on the FSUIPC (MSFS) forums and in the Asobo forums

There is a list of all MSFS provided controls created at run-time, called Controls List for MSFS Build 999.pdf, located in your FSUIPC documents folder. FSUIPC added controls are documented in the FSUIPC User Guide.

why does FSUIPC not have it's own discord server? 

I just don't have the time or resources for that. Its just me (although Pete helps out when he can), and I have little enough time for development as it is after covering support issues posted on the forum (as well as on the Asobo forums and avsim). For the time being at least, its just easier for me to keep requests in one place,  the support forums.

John

• Like 1

Hi. I would also like to add a question to this topic. I have heard that there is a free version of fsuipc 7 and a payed one. Does Linda require the paid one?

And can i only configure Linda for one aircraft at a time or can i also make a general configuration.

Greetings,

Tobias

There’s no separate paid and free FSUIPC versions. The difference is in the registration.

As far as I remember, Linda makes use of Lua plug-ins to FSUIPC. If so then it will need you to purchase a registration for FSUIPC.

Really you would get proper knowledgeable answers from the LINDA site.

Pete

19 hours ago, Rcmosquito said:

Does Linda require the paid one?

Yes, as Linda is lua based, which are part of the additional registered version functionality.

19 hours ago, Rcmosquito said:

And can i only configure Linda for one aircraft at a time or can i also make a general configuration.

More of a question for the Linda support forum really, but with FSUIPC profiles, general button & key assignments apply to all aircraft, and can also be augmented (i.e. added to or modified) by profile specific assignments. For axes, the general axes assignments will be used unless there is a profile specific axes assignment section, in which case that will be used and the general section ignored (even if the profile specific axes section is empty).

...I see Pete has also replied...