The simFlight Network Forums

How do I program FSUIPC7 for Aerosoft CJR 700 AP connect/disconnect?

Kaptajnen

I am a complete incompetent as far as programming.

How exactly (Step by Step) do I get FSUIPC7 to program my Microsoft Force Feedback 2 to use button 4 and 5 to connect and disconnect the Autopilot in the Aerosoft CJR 700?

Thanks in advance.

• John Dowson changed the title to How do I program FSUIPC7 for Aerosoft CJR 700 AP connect/disconnect?
12 hours ago, Kaptajnen said:

I am a complete incompetent as far as programming.

How exactly (Step by Step) do I get FSUIPC7 to program my Microsoft Force Feedback 2 to use button 4 and 5 to connect and disconnect the Autopilot in the Aerosoft CJR 700?

It shouldn't involve any "programming". at least no more than assigning things in MSFS itself could be called "programming".

You simply need to know which control operates the Autopilot on and off. According to the list of MSFS controls those are called "Autopilot on" and "Autopilot off". Try those. If they don't work then that aircraft is doing its own thing and someone with that aircraft will probably need to help.

BTW, do you know how to program an autopilot when you've enabled it? The term "programming" can legitimately be applied to the computer called the autopilot. 🙂

Pete

As well as what Pete has said, the usual way to program a button or switch is to activate event (non-axes) logging in FSUIPC, activate the desired UI component to see what events + parameters  its using, then assign your button to that event + parameter. If that works, fine, if not, then you need to start looking into alternative solutions....

John

Pete,

Thank you for your very arrogant and demeaning response to a customer! 

Of course I know how to assign buttons in the MSFS 2020 Flight Simulator. The only reason I spent $35. on your product was to program a specific aircraft - the CJR 700 from Aerosoft, which does not follow the MSFS assignments.

John,

It would then appear that FSUIPC7 can not be used for my purpose.

if that is correct, perhaps you can issue a refund?

Edited by Kaptajnen
Clarity
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Kaptajnen said:

Pete,

Thank you for your very arrogant and demeaning response to a customer! 

Of course I know how to assign buttons in the MSFS 2020 Flight Simulator. The only reason I spent $35. on your product was to program a specific aircraft - the CJR 700 from Aerosoft, which does not follow the MSFS assignments.

John,

It would then appear that FSUIPC7 can not be used for my purpose.

if that is correct, perhaps you can issue a refund?

Pete was only trying to help. 

There are no refunds.

Why do you expect us to support add-on aircraft that we do not own?

FSUIPC can maybe do what you  require, but you have to investigate on how to do this. FSUIPC provides the tools, you have to do the work, It is not an "out-of-the-box" tool that can  understand all aircraft/controllers or perform actions not allowed/implemented in the sim model.

I suggest you read the documentation, both for FSUIPC and your add-on aircraft before anything else.