The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 6 help

I got FSUIPC 6 as recommended to me by honeycomb. I am wanting to fly 4 engined aircraft with my honeycomb throttle quadrant setup with 2 throttles. I have just bought FSUIPC. What do I do now?

Thanks,

Jack

2 hours ago, jharris said:

I got FSUIPC 6 as recommended to me by honeycomb. I am wanting to fly 4 engined aircraft with my honeycomb throttle quadrant setup with 2 throttles. I have just bought FSUIPC. What do I do now?

Didn't you install it and read at least some of the documentation first? Purchasing something without not whether you need it or how to use it is a little foolhardy. It does advise you to download it and install it first.

Anyway, there are lots of lots of threads about using FSUIPC with Honeycomb devices, including I believe a very informational turorial or guide. Check the FAQ subforum, User Contributions, and other threads headed about thesee davises.

Pete

18 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Didn't you install it and read at least some of the documentation first? Purchasing something without not whether you need it or how to use it is a little foolhardy. It does advise you to download it and install it first.

Anyway, there are lots of lots of threads about using FSUIPC with Honeycomb devices, including I believe a very informational turorial or guide. Check the FAQ subforum, User Contributions, and other threads headed about thesee davises.

Pete

Well yes obviously I did I'm not that stupid so don't make me out to be like that. I am wanting support on how to do it. I know its possible from what I have heard about FSUIPC but I don't know how to sort it.

30 minutes ago, jharris said:

I am wanting support on how to do it. I know its possible from what I have heard about FSUIPC but I don't know how to sort it.

We cannot possibly provide bespoke support for everyone using FSUIPC to configure their controls. That is why we provide User manuals - lots of them. Please read the documentation and try to configure for yourself. If you have any issues, search the support forum first (as most questions have already been asked), but if you still can't find a solution to your issue, then post, providing any required information, such as what you are trying to achieve (including a relevant topic title for your problem), what the problem is, and attached associated files, such as your settings (your FSUIPC6.ini file) and your log (FSUIPC6.log file).

John

40 minutes ago, jharris said:

Well yes obviously I did I'm not that stupid so don't make me out to be like that.

I surely didn't?  You did actually imply that you were completely new to FSUIPC, only just having got it because of a third party recommendation.  The starting point then is normally to browse the documentation, even before purchase just in case you decide it isn't for you. Sorry if you took such a recommendation as an insult!

Dealing with controls devices is one of assignment, for buttons and axes, and calibration to get the axis controls responding to your satisfaction and to suit the aircraft. Assignment methods and calibration facilities are major parts of the documentation, and whether your devices are Honeycomb or not those are still relevant.

I don't have any Honeycomb devices, but there have been lots of contributions here in the Forum. I made such a suggestion so you could get some more specific hints if you find you then need to.

Pete