The simFlight Network Forums

New simulator, new FSUIPC, (my) old problems

Freccia

Hi, I decided to install FS2020 and of course my first purchase was FSUIPC7 (I can't do without it now).

After calibrating an axis (aileron) direct to FSUIPC calibration, I ran into an old problem found in P3D, namely the command that "shakes". In P3D Pete solved the problem by making me disable the "Enable Controller (s)" option.

In FS2020 I believe the problem is the same, but I don't know what I need to enable or disable to solve it.

Also the stick of my hotas (X56 Logitech) has the bad habit of having a crappy central position; in practice it is NEVER zero but fluctuates continuously.

I can have some help in solving both problems (commands that "wobble" and neutralize the wobbles of my stick when in neutral position).

Thank you.

1 minute ago, Freccia said:

In FS2020 I believe the problem is the same, but I don't know what I need to enable or disable to solve it.

You should create an empty profile for your devices in MSFS. Go to the MSFS Controls page, select your device and then click PRESET MANAGER. Then click +, and that will create a new empty profile. Give it a name and save it.

4 minutes ago, Freccia said:

Also the stick of my hotas (X56 Logitech) has the bad habit of having a crappy central position; in practice it is NEVER zero but fluctuates continuously.

You can handle this in FSUIPC7 as you did in previous versions of FSUIPC - by specifying an adequate null zone in your calibration. You can also maybe try the *SpikeRemoval (e.g. ElevatorSpikeRemoval) ini parameters, if you previously have used them, but I think that just removes max signals and won't help with smaller fluctuations.

1 minute ago, John Dowson said:

You should create an empty profile for your devices in MSFS. Go to the MSFS Controls page, select your device and then click PRESET MANAGER. Then click +, and that will create a new empty profile. Give it a name and save it.

Ok, I'll do it now. FS2020 immediately recognizes my hotas and assigns it comads (which I don't like).

Once I have created two empty profiles (one for the stick and one for the throttle), do I need to assign them to FSUIPC7?

3 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

ou can handle this in FSUIPC7 as you did in previous versions of FSUIPC - by specifying an adequate null zone in your calibration.

I know I sound stupid, but please believe me that after all these years I still don't understand what the command in FSUIPC is to set the null zone. Which is John?

6 minutes ago, Freccia said:

Once I have created two empty profiles (one for the stick and one for the throttle), do I need to assign them to FSUIPC7?

Yes, if you want to use them! Creating an empty profile in MSFS will remove all your assignments in MSFS.

6 minutes ago, Freccia said:

I know I sound stupid, but please believe me that after all these years I still don't understand what the command in FSUIPC is to set the null zone. Which is John?

You do this when you calibrate. When you calibrate, you set the max an min deflection (using the max/min Set buttons), and then most axes also have a null zone you can set, using the middle 'Set' button. You set two values (the order doesn't matter) which will be the edges of your NULL zones. Check the documentation if unsure (The Easy Step-by-Step Way to Calibrate Your Controls in the User Guide).