The simFlight Network Forums

Issue after new PC Installation

Hi,

I have installed P3D v5.1 on a new PC nand after I have copied all the content of my FSUIPC folder (macros, lua scripts, profile, etc.).

The problem is that all configurations and definitions (axis, buttons, keys, etc) are now completely empty: I think that the issue could be due to that the devices identification  in the ini files are no more valid and the related commands are no more associated to them.

How can I solve the problem?

Thanks and KR

Joe

4 minutes ago, cellular55 said:

I have installed P3D v5.1 on a new PC nand after I have copied all the content of my FSUIPC folder (macros, lua scripts, profile, etc.).

First, you should have made sure that you are using the "Joyletters" facility before doing this....Did you?
Also, you still need to install FSUIPC6 on the new system, not just copy across. After it is installed, you can then copy across the contents of your old FSUIPC6 folder.

It is usual for joy ids and GUIDs to change when moving to a new PC (and sometimes with windows upgrades), but these things are easily handled if using JoyLetters. If not, still possible but it will be more work. But I cannot advise without seeing your files - I need to see at least a current  FSUIPC6.ini and FSUIPC6.log file to advise further.

You are using an old (unsupported) version of FSUIPC6. Please update to the latest (supported) version, v6.1.1.

And try the attached FSUIPC6.ini file: fsuipc6.ini

You have multiple devices of the same name and I am not sure which is which. If they are the wrong way around, try swapping the assigned letters (in your [JoyNames] section. section) - with FSUIPC closed.

Hi John,

thanks for the prompt reply.

Things are now better: generic commnds are norìw back, only some swap on devices (i.e between the 2 quadrants) .

What is still missing are the commands related profile.

Could you please have a look at the specific profile ini file attached to drive me to the soultion also here.

Thanks a lot for your support and patience

Joe

B738U.ini

2 hours ago, cellular55 said:

Things are now better: generic commnds are norìw back, only some swap on devices (i.e between the 2 quadrants) .

Yes, you can swap the letters over in the ini to revertback, as I said.

2 hours ago, cellular55 said:

What is still missing are the commands related profile.

Could you please have a look at the specific profile ini file attached to drive me to the soultion also here.

What is not working? Profiles use the same joyletters that we adjusted in the main ini, so should not need any updates.
You do have quite a few lua scripts. If any of those use joy ids instead of joyletters, then they will need updating. But if they are using joyletters they should also be ok.

Maybe try activating logging for both buttons and events, load a profile aircraft and operate a button and see what is logged. If it doesn't look correct, show me your updated FSUIPC6.ini, FSUIPC6.log and your profile.ini.