The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 4.976 installation error: FSX-SE installation is incorrect!

I've been trying to install fsuipc for two days without success. I've tried following different directions but couldn't solve it.
I formatted and reinstalled windows 7 and FS-SE, avast antivirus and I installed simconnect using the simconect.msi files present in the SDK/Core Utilities Kit/SimConnect SDK/LegacyInterfaces folder and lib.

I verified that the simconnect.dll files were present in the folders indicated in the FSUIPC installation log.

Everything seems to be ok, but the installation keeps failing.

I attach the file with the installation log.

What am I doing wrong?

I'm feeling a bit frustrated, thanks for the help.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

FSUIPC4 Install.log

2 hours ago, aingrosso said:

I verified that the simconnect.dll files were present in the folders indicated in the FSUIPC installation log.

So where FSUIPC's install log says:

Looking for SimConnect.dll with "C:\Windows\WinSxS\*SimConnect*10.0.62615.0*"
    Found the path, now trying "C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_1ed9da73c880e429_10.0.62615.0_none_69960aa860d87067\SimConnect.dll"
    No SimConnect.dll found there

are you saying you looked in that folder and found SimConnect.dll there, even though the installer cannot see it?

The 62615 version is the correct DLL to work with your FSX-SE which is also 62615.

I can only think that you forgot to run the FSUIPC installer "as administrator", and in consequence it is being denied access.

One other thing you can try is to copy that specific DLL into the FSX.EXE folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX

Pete

are you saying you looked in that folder and found SimConnect.dll there, even though the installer cannot see it?

Yes, it is exactly what happen.

I can only think that you forgot to run the FSUIPC installer "as administrator", and in consequence it is being denied access.

I had thought the same thing, nothing change also when I force the installer to run with administrator privilegies.

One other thing you can try is to copy that specific DLL into the FSX.EXE folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX

In that path simconnect.dll version 62615 is already present.

I'm using Windows 7 without any SP installed, might be this the issue?

Thank you for your help.

1 hour ago, aingrosso said:

I'm using Windows 7 without any SP installed, might be this the issue?

It's a real puzzle.  One of the changes for FSUIPC 4.976 was, to quote:

It also allows the SimConnect.DLL in the FSX folder to be used if it is installed there by the latest non-beta installer (version 62615). That location appears to be the new alternative to using the troublesome WinSxS methods.

That has been 100% successful till now. But if it saw the DLL there it would not go searching for the WinSXS copies.

I am wondering whether it isn't compatible with the basic Win7 now. How is it you've not updated it?

I could probably find an older version of FSUIPC4 which you could try.  Everything has been so Win10-oriented for years now.

Pete

It's a real puzzle.

Totally agree with you.

But if it saw the DLL there it would not go searching for the WinSXS copies.

It seem it doesn't see the DLL even if it's there, in any folders.

How is it you've not updated it?

It's a fresh new windows 7 installation, and I decided to avoid SPs installation to keep OS as light as possible. Bad idea?

I could probably find an older version of FSUIPC4 which you could try.

it would be very kind, and we will see if the result will change.

Thank you very much for you help.

Alex

14 hours ago, aingrosso said:

It's a fresh new windows 7 installation, and I decided to avoid SPs installation to keep OS as light as possible. Bad idea?

You should still install the SPs. They mainly contain bug fixes and improvements, and shouldn't bloat the system too much. You can always uninstall any bloatware and disable specific components/services that you don't use or need.

14 hours ago, aingrosso said:

it would be very kind, and we will see if the result will change.

I attach install packages for versions 4.971 and 4.974. Try those -- but i am at a complete loss as to how the Simconnect.DLLs cannot be seen. That makes no sense at all.

Pete

Install_FSUIPC4971.zipInstall_FSUIPC4974.zip

• 1 month later...