The simFlight Network Forums

Flaps button problem after Sim Update 5. Only works well with FSUIPC window open

Freccia

Hi, back from vacation and updated my MSFS, I realized that the flap button that I had set with FSUIPC 7 (registered) and that worked fine, now it works badly.

I have a hotas X56 and I had set a three-position button (up, center, down) with spring return to the center simply by setting "Flap Decr" to the UP (B5) position and "Flap Incr" to the down position (B6).

By moving the button to the down position, the flap jumps the intermediate position (for example "TO" on the TBM 930) and is positioned directly in the LDG position. Same thing during the retraction of the flaps.

The strange thing is that with the FSUIPC window open in the foreground (Button & Switch Assignments) the button works fine and does not skip intermediate positions, but clicking OK returns the button to malfunction.

Some advice?

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Freccia said:

The strange thing is that with the FSUIPC window open in the foreground (Button & Switch Assignments) the button works fine and does not skip intermediate positions, but clicking OK returns the button to malfunction.

When the assignments window is open, no controls are sent to the sim. Therefore it looks like you have the buttons also assigned in MSFS. After an MSFS update, you need to check your MSFS assignments as it can re-install the default profiles for your controllers. So please check your MSFS assignments.

17 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

So please check your MSFS assignments

Hi John, forgive me the stupid question: but which assignment should I check?

I ask you because the custom profiles for my devices (keyboard, stick and throttle) have remained the same. Do you think something has changed within them?

Thank you.

24 minutes ago, Freccia said:

which assignment should I check?

I ask you because the custom profiles for my devices (keyboard, stick and throttle) have remained the same. Do you think something has changed within them?

Check your MSFS assignments for the buttons that you are having issues with. If assigning in FSUIPC, we recommend initially starting with an empty profile for your controllers (except mouse and keyboard) in MSFS.

• Like 1