The simFlight Network Forums

MSFS CTD with Error Code 0xc0000022

Desrow

Hey there,

as the Title says i installed FSUIPC7 and upon starting the Sim it crashes with that Error Message, tried re-installing several times and i went by the Documentation that is coming with it. I also tried startig it as Admin, starting only the Sim (not via the Desktop Symbol that has been created) as Admin and Non-Admin, no changes. I did the sfc /scannow as Admin and the DISM Cleanup. The Logfile of the FSUIPC Installation is fine, everything installed correctly and no Errors are written in the Log File nor in the Windows Event Logger. Re-installing it without the Option for automatic startup by changing the .exe file of the Sim does not do anything either. 

Im am currently in a Discord Room with 5 people who are all experienced with FSUIPC as well as with Tech in general and nobody was able to figure out what happens here. 

Maybe there is some kind of Solution for this. 

best regards

21 minutes ago, Desrow said:

as the Title says i installed FSUIPC7 and upon starting the Sim it crashes with that Error Message

So MSFS is crashing even before it even tries to start FSUIPC7?

22 minutes ago, Desrow said:

Re-installing it without the Option for automatic startup by changing the .exe file of the Sim does not do anything either. 

It is the EXE.xml file that is created or updated, not the .exe.

Did you install the FSUIPC WASM module into your MSFS Community folder?  If so, try (temporarily) moving it out of your Community folder to see if that helps.
Do you have anything else installed there?

Error 0xC0000022 is:

ERROR_WRONG_DISK  34 (0x22)
The wrong diskette is in the drive. Insert %2 (Volume Serial Number: %3) into drive %1.

I think I've seen this spurious MSFS error reported in the MSFS Forums. Assuming you are not running the boxed version (which I've read needs Diskette #1 mounted) then it seems likely to be an MSFS installation problem.

Pete

1 minute ago, Desrow said:

Well MSFS is loading up and halfway trough the Loading Screen it crashes with that described Error Message

Does MSFS run without FSUIPC7 installed?
Can you manually run FSUIPC7 (without MSFS running)?

I see Pete has also replied:

2 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Error 0xC0000022 is:

ERROR_WRONG_DISK  34 (0x22)
The wrong diskette is in the drive. Insert %2 (Volume Serial Number: %3) into drive %1.

I think I've seen this spurious MSFS error reported in the MSFS Forums. Assuming you are not running the boxed version (which I've read needs Diskette #1 mounted) then it seems likely to be an MSFS installation problem.

Uninstalling FSUIPC7 and running MSFS would verify that it is an MSFS installation issue.

1 minute ago, Desrow said:

I got the Windows Store Version so there is nothing i can do about that?

If its an MSFS installation issue, then check the Asobo forums and/or raise a ticket with them. 

Yes without FSUIPC installed it works just fine and in can not run it manually, when i try to open FSUIPC when the Sim is running i got a Error that some .dll is missing. 

Alright then i´ll head over to the MS Support but that could be tricky to solve still. 

Thanks alot for that quick reply!

2 minutes ago, Desrow said:

Yes without FSUIPC installed it works just fine and in can not run it manually, when i try to open FSUIPC when the Sim is running i got a Error that some .dll is missing. 

Ok, then you need to uninstall and re-install some VC++ redistributables. Please see the provided README.txt:

Problems running FSUIPC7
========================
1. If you receive the following error when running FSUIPC7:
        The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.
   then you need to uninstall the 2015, 2017 and 2019 VC++ redistributables from the Windows App management panel, and then re-installed
   the combined redistributable packages (usually both the x86 and x64 ones) from here:
       https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads
   Also see https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vcruntime140dll/8fe4965d-2013-49cb-816e-17cc2bb0c077?auth=1

2. If you receive a pop-up System Error from MSFS when auto-starting FSUIPC7, also please also try the steps outlined in 1. above.
   You can also try starting FSUIPC7.exe manually to see if any errors are given.

3 minutes ago, Desrow said:

Alright then i´ll head over to the MS Support but that could be tricky to solve still. 

I wouldn't do this just Yet. That error is most likely shown when MSFS tries to start FSUIPC7. However, it certainly shouldn't crash the sim - it should just prevent FSUIPC7 from starting.

Anyway, uninstall and re-install the VC++ redistributables and see how you get on.

Edited by John Dowson
Further info added

Hi John,

I am also getting CTDs recently after the installation of the latest version 7.2.0.8. This has happened twice now and I used to not have any CTDs in MSFS 2020. I am a little surprised. It's not clear to me if the MSFS crashes first or if FSUIPC does but I did not have CTDs with MSFS up until very recently (after I installed the new version).

Thanks for looking into this.

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          9/7/2021 12:34:01 AM
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      REZAHOME
Description:
Faulting application name: FSUIPC7.exe, version: 7.2.0.8, time stamp: 0x6128fe7c
Faulting module name: FSUIPC7.exe, version: 7.2.0.8, time stamp: 0x6128fe7c
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000198a4
Faulting process id: 0x2f7c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7a3820906bdd3
Faulting application path: C:\FSUIPC7\FSUIPC7.exe
Faulting module path: C:\FSUIPC7\FSUIPC7.exe
Report Id: 3b5443c9-d80e-4ef6-ad13-3b89b8886bf9
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-09-07T07:34:01.7025584Z" />
    <EventRecordID>81914</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>REZAHOME</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>FSUIPC7.exe</Data>
    <Data>7.2.0.8</Data>
    <Data>6128fe7c</Data>
    <Data>FSUIPC7.exe</Data>
    <Data>7.2.0.8</Data>
    <Data>6128fe7c</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>00000000000198a4</Data>
    <Data>2f7c</Data>
    <Data>01d7a3820906bdd3</Data>
    <Data>C:\FSUIPC7\FSUIPC7.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\FSUIPC7\FSUIPC7.exe</Data>
    <Data>3b5443c9-d80e-4ef6-ad13-3b89b8886bf9</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>e if 

Please check your FSUIPC7.log file. You will most probably see that FSUIPC7 is exiting as MSFS has crashed. If this is the case, you need to determine why MSFS is crashing and report to Asobo.

There is an issue in FSUIPC7 if using the lvar-to-offsets functionality with a code of UD/SD. This has been corrected in the version posted in the following post, and will be released in the next few days: 

• 3 weeks later...