The simFlight Network Forums

Heading Sync function

Andre92

Hello,

I couldn't find a standard function in Fsuipc to sync the Autopilot heading to the actual heading (Heading Sync).

So i made this little lua script. I took the conversion from true to magnetic from the provided sample plugin display vals.lua.

Place this lua in your Fsuipc folder and assign it to a button. You will find it under lua Hdg_Sync in the assignments list.

If there is a simpler or more elegant way to get this function working, please let me know.

Kind regards,
Andre

HDG_Sync.lua

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andre92 said:

Some Aircraft have a Heading Sync function where only the Heading bug is aligned, but no Hdg mode is activated

True, but unless the A/P is engaged surely that only provides Flight Director assistance to the pilot (on aircraft equipped with FDs).

Pete

It’s simply a quick way to align the Heading bug and only has effect on AP / FD guidance if the hdg roll mode is active.

This could be used when flying in nav mode and ATC instructs to maintain hdg. You press the hdg sync and then activate the hdg roll mode. 
Or when handflying rawdata, you can use it to quickly align the hdg bug with a simple press (f.e. after localizer intercept).

Kind Regards,

Andre