The simFlight Network Forums

Trying to use FSUIPC and WideFS to operate PTT on Teamspeak

I run P3D with FSUIPC on one computer and TeamSpeak amongst other programs on a services PC.

I setup the PTT button on the joystick using the Keysend function. On the services computer I have F12 on the keyboard set to be the PTT in TeamSpeak. In WideFS.ini I set up the F12 key to work from Keysend..

it all works perfectly except that TeamSpeak needs to have focus; if any of the other programs on that PC (eg ActiveSky) have focus then PTT does not work. If I use the F12 key on the keyboard it works fine whether TeamSpeak us in focus or not.
is there a trick to get over this? I have tried running TeamSpeak as admin. (a trick I learned in a similar situation)

Barry

www.a329sim.com

3 hours ago, barrykensett said:

it all works perfectly except that TeamSpeak needs to have focus; if any of the other programs on that PC (eg ActiveSky) have focus then PTT does not work. If I use the F12 key on the keyboard it works fine whether TeamSpeak us in focus or not.
is there a trick to get over this? I have tried running TeamSpeak as admin. (a trick I learned in a similar situation)

No, running as admin is not a solution.

Have you checked the relevant sections in the WideFS Technical manual? In particular this one:

PTT (push to talk) for Roger Wilco, AVC and TeamSpeak

If the specific solution for TeamSpeak shown there doesn't work for you, then these may also help you find the solution:

Directing Key Strokes more precisely
and
Special KeySend facilities to bring a program's Window to the foreground
and
CLASS Names

Pete

Thanks for your reply Pete. Yes I worked from the manual when setting up FSUIPC and WideClient.ini., in fact I copied your settings in FSUIPC (Keysend variables 1 & 2. 

I used F12 on the slave computer so the text in the WideFS .ini file were the same as your example and with TeamSpeak in focus it all works. I then looked at the other topics you mentioned, not pretending to understand it all but the first stumbling block was starting the TeamSpeak program from WideFS which I gathered was necessary.

I put the instruction to start TeamSpeak into WideFS .ini and rebooted but I got the error message

WideClient couldn’t run Run1=C:\Program Files\Teamspeak 3 Client\ts3client_win64.exe(error740)

I tried playing with the Focus commands but this didn’t work, not surprising because I was starting TeamSpeak manually because of the above error.

Thr keyboard commands work perfectly so I am not speechless!
Barry

On 10/16/2021 at 7:17 PM, barrykensett said:

WideClient couldn’t run Run1=C:\Program Files\Teamspeak 3 Client\ts3client_win64.exe(error740)

Error 740 indicates a permissions issue. You should run all your FSUIPC clients at the same permissions level as FSUIPC and the FS, which should really be basic, i.e. not elevated.

I see your TeamSpeak is installed under Program Files, which is a windows protected folder and can cause issues with programs that do not conform to windows protocols (including FSUIPC!). Better to install such programs outside of Windows protected folders, as this can cause issues.

John

PS Very small font you have....difficult to read without expanding, maybe consider increasing your font size.....

On 10/16/2021 at 7:17 PM, barrykensett said:

Thanks for your reply Pete. Yes I worked from the manual when setting up FSUIPC and WideClient.ini., in fact I copied your settings in FSUIPC (Keysend variables 1 & 2. 

I used F12 on the slave computer so the text in the WideFS .ini file were the same as your example and with TeamSpeak in focus it all works. I then looked at the other topics you mentioned, not pretending to understand it all but the first stumbling block was starting the TeamSpeak program from WideFS which I gathered was necessary.

I put the instruction to start TeamSpeak into WideFS .ini and rebooted but I got the error message

I tried playing with the Focus commands but this didn’t work, not surprising because I was starting TeamSpeak manually because of the above error.

Thr keyboard commands work perfectly so I am not speechless!
Barry