The simFlight Network Forums

Republic Airlines Liveries

pocketdynamo87

Hey guys!

I can see that in the updated Real Color for LAX, there's an American Eagle livery included for Republic Airways' Embraer 175. I'd like to utilize that for a custom schedule I created for PHL. Is that possible? With everything I tried so far, they either spawn in the default Republic livery or not at all. Any ideas?

Thanks!

That sounds very interesting! But how do I do that? In my Airfields folder, they're only displayed with the ICAO code, not with the number...

EDIT: My bad. Of course I have to look at the Airplanes folder, right?^^

So if I rename the "airplanes_texpack03" and "airplanes_texpack03.manifest" in, for example, "airplanes_texpack34" and "airplanes_texpack34.manifest", it should work?

19 hours ago, pocketdynamo87 said:

Hey guys!

I can see that in the updated Real Color for LAX, there's an American Eagle livery included for Republic Airways' Embraer 175. I'd like to utilize that for a custom schedule I created for PHL. Is that possible? With everything I tried so far, they either spawn in the default Republic livery or not at all. Any ideas?

Thanks!

I'm currently testing my own PHL schedule, made from a flight plan two weeks old. There is a tiny issue with Republic flying for American and Delta (the 3*** and 4*** flight numbers are American Eagle, the 5*** is Delta Connection, as far as a quick look showed). I used a workaround to have both - kind of - correct: I utilized Republic's old IATA code "RW" for the American Eagle flights (with "RPA" as ICAO) and the current IATA "YX" for Delta Connection flights (with "RPD" as ICAO), so that the Delta at least use Republic's own livery.

5 hours ago, DeltaVII said:

I'm currently testing my own PHL schedule, made from a flight plan two weeks old. There is a tiny issue with Republic flying for American and Delta (the 3*** and 4*** flight numbers are American Eagle, the 5*** is Delta Connection, as far as a quick look showed). I used a workaround to have both - kind of - correct: I utilized Republic's old IATA code "RW" for the American Eagle flights (with "RPA" as ICAO) and the current IATA "YX" for Delta Connection flights (with "RPD" as ICAO), so that the Delta at least use Republic's own livery.

Interesting idea, thanks for sharing. Mine is two weeks old, as well. As far as I can see, Republic operates for Delta Connection only very few flights, mostly to and from KBOS. I worked around that by changing those manually to CRJ9's operated by Endeavor (EDV/9E), as those already provide services to and from KDTW and are very comparable. That way, I have the Delta Connection livery for those flights, too. It seems like there aren't any Delta Connection liveries available for Embraer E175 in any of the add ons.