The simFlight Network Forums

Getting started

AZJim320

I am very familiar with FSUIPC. I have used it for several years with P3D. I recently got MSFS 2020 and when I heard FSUIPC 7 was available for MSFS I immediately purchased it. I downloaded the program and when I start MSFS I see the FSUIPC 7 logo. The problem I have is where is it in game?  I have no idea how to access it.  Would appreciate help in finding it in the sim.

thanks,

Jim

FSUIPC will auto-start with MSFS, if you selected that option during installation.

3 hours ago, AZJim320 said:

I am very familiar with FSUIPC.

But FSUIPC7 is quite different from other versions, in that it is no longer a dll embedded into the sim but a separate progtam/executable. When it is ran it shows a splash screen and then sits in your system tray, where you can access it, or use Alt + F (default hotkey, can be changed) to open the main window.

PLEASE read pr at least peruse the User guide. You should also take a look at the Installation and Registration guide. I provide extensive documentation to not have to answer support questions such as this all the time...

John

• 3 months later...
On 12/7/2021 at 3:17 PM, John Dowson said:

👍

I will do my first FSUIPC7 programming this weekend. I'll post my experiences (I'm a professional programmer, plan on using C# if it can do what I need). I'll start with the user's guide , if there are any good example programs let me know.

12 hours ago, ZenMusicSoaring said:

plan on using C# if it can do what I need). I'll start with the user's guide , if there are any good example programs let me know.

If using C#, you should seriously consider using Paul Henty's dll for .Net, which is built on top of the FSUIPC SDK. I am sure there are plenty of examples, and the support/download forum is here: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/167-fsuipc-client-dll-for-net/

John