The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC.dll 6.1.0.6 stopped opening 3rd party applications (e.g. LINDA)

Hi there, 

After upgrading to the recent 6.1.0.6 .dll 3rd party programs such as LINDA and Activesky are no longer opening at startup.

This problem is overcome when using an older version of the dll (6.0.1.4;  found in the beta post here). I'm just swapping the new .dll for the old and not changing any files.

My fsuipc is installed in its own directory i.e. not in 'my documents'.

The only difference between the log, that I can see,  is the omission of in the current version:

"      109 -------------------------------------------------------------------
      125 Run: "E:\Prepar3d v5 Add-ons\HiFi\ASP3D\ASP3D.exe"
      219 Run: "E:\Prepar3d v5 Add-ons\FSUIPC6\linda.exe"

"

Any ideas what might be up?

Thanks

Craig

Hi Craig,

the run programs facility should be working fine in the latest version. If there are entries in your [Programs] section then there should be log messages, even if the program was not started, so I think something else may be going on.

Can you show me your FSUIPC6.log and FSUIPC6.ini files please.

John

As I have said, please show me the relevant files, the FSUIPC6.ini and FSUIPC6.log files. I need to see these files to investigae.

There was a change to running programs from the [Programs] section in V6.1.6 for running programs that need arguments.
Looks like this has affected existing run program entries, but I need to see those entries to diagnose this issue.

John

RunIf1=CLOSE,F:\FS Programs\FSUIPC\linda.exe

As your program path contains spaces, its better to enclose in quotes - try:

RunIf1=CLOSE,"F:\FS Programs\FSUIPC\linda.exe"

However, your log shows that the program was started without error:
    203 Run: "F:\FS Programs\FSUIPC\linda.exe"

Are you sure it isn't running, or could it be running but not displayed - did you check for the process in the task manager?

John

• Like 1

A while ago I noticed a similar issue (i.e. the log reported the program ran with no errors, but the program itself did run) with VoiceAttack. But this only happened when the executable that the FSUIPC Run command was using was a link. Could it be that your F:\FS Programs\FSUIPC\linda.exe is actually a link/shortcut? If so, try changing to the actual executable.

I will download linda to see if I can reproduce.

John

8 minutes ago, cshark172 said:

Enclosing the path with the space in quotes fixed the problem.  Linda GUI starts OK now.  I'll post a note over on the Linda Support forum since this entry is added to fsuipc.ini by Linda when you select the option in the setup menu.  Thanks for your support.

Ok, thanks - good to know. Note that the Advanced User guide does advise this:

If the program or path name contains spaces or needs command-line parameters, then these can be included by
enclosing the program path in quotes,
so that the space(s) needed don't cause problems. You may also need to include
quotes around the parameters if they includes spaces.

John

Hi @John Dowson

Thanks for your help, sorry I've been busy with work so only just getting round to responding.

The quotes have sorted the problem. I appeared to be going around in circles as, in the case of Active Sky, I wasn't formatting the simversion .exe variable correctly in the .ini file.

Thanks again for your help.

Craig

Edited by someone_else