The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7 drop FPS in MSFS 1.7.12.0

Ego_Brain

I have done various tests here and do not notice any FPS drop when using FPS, so I think something else may be going on. Are you using any FSUIPC clients?
If so, try disabling them and re-test. And are you starting any other programs via FSUIPC?
I can't see your images too clearly but it seems that the thread loads were also very different in the screenshots. Could you do further tests, again just sitting on the runway and exiting then starting FSUIPC a few times -  leaving it running for a few minutes and then exiting FSUIPC, wait for a few minutes and then restart FSUIPC and check again. Do that a few times to see if there really is such a drastic frame drop. If so, show me you FSUIPC7.ini and FSUIPC7.log files and I can check them, but I can't think of anything that FSUIPC can be doing to cause this...

Btw, what monitor/FPS counter are you using?

John

Are you using any FSUIPC clients?

No, I don't. I running only FSUIPC7.exe

And are you starting any other programs via FSUIPC?

No. I just starting MSFlightSimulator and then FSUIPC7.exe

Btw, what monitor/FPS counter are you using?

Native FPS monitor of MSFS in dev mode.

show me you FSUIPC7.ini and FSUIPC7.log

I haven't FSUIPC7.ini in app directory and don't know how to generate it.

Edited by Ego_Brain

16 hours ago, Ego_Brain said:

I haven't FSUIPC7.ini in app directory and don't know how to generate it.

Those files WILL be in your FSUIPC7 installation folder. If you don't know where that is, use the File -> Open Installation Folder... menu option.

FSUIPC7 should not affect your GPU usage at all. Is your system very heavily loaded? If the CPU is being overloaded, it could affect your FPS...

John

On 12/9/2021 at 8:28 PM, John Dowson said:

Could you do further tests, again just sitting on the runway and exiting then starting FSUIPC a few times -  leaving it running for a few minutes and then exiting FSUIPC, wait for a few minutes and then restart FSUIPC and check again. Do that a few times to see if there really is such a drastic frame drop.

Hi John, please check it out

12 hours ago, John Dowson said:

That link is to a screen-capture tool. But your issue is that you are hiding known extensions in windows explorer, so that you cannot see the file extensions. The files ARE there - see the appendix in the Installation and Registration guide.

As i see you don't open my screen shot. And you can't know does files extensions hide or not. So if you're installer doesn't create .ini file with options, can you send me one?

1 hour ago, Ego_Brain said:

So if you're installer doesn't create .ini file with options, can you send me one?

The initial INI file is created by FSUIPC when it is first run. It isn't "installed". There's no point in sending you one -- its purpose is to contain your settings not ones imposed from us.

Pete

17 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

The initial INI file is created by FSUIPC when it is first run. It isn't "installed". There's no point in sending you one -- its purpose is to contain your settings not ones imposed from us.

Pete

Oh, I see. So, as i understood application can't to write in Program Files folder. When i reinstall it to c:\FSUIPC7\ all works fine.

There is my FSUIPC7.ini you requested

Now you have video where you can see FPS drop and you have my .ini file with settings. What next?

FSUIPC7.ini

2 hours ago, John Dowson said:

What about your FSUIPC7.log file?
Do you gave the same issue now that you have re-installed? You did say 'When i reinstall it to c:\FSUIPC7\ all works fine'?

Are you using WideFS/WideClient?

Here is a log.

Works fine with extra files: settings and logs.

I don't use SideFS/WideClient.

FSUIPC7.log

6 minutes ago, Ego_Brain said:

Works fine with extra files: settings and logs.

Not sure what this means...do you still get an FPS drop when using FSUIPC7?

7 minutes ago, Ego_Brain said:

Here is a log.

Your log shows quite a few SimConnect errors on mapping known sim events that should exist. This is usually a sign of a corrupt installation. I see you have a steam install - you could 'verify the  integrity of game files...' in the steam client, under Properties -> LOCAL FILES. However, be aware that this could re-download the whole game.
I cannot think what else could cause this apart from a corrupt MSFS installation, and those errors in the log certainly indicate that there is something strange in your installation.

FSUIPC7 also reports this as the path in which you installed MSFS2020:

FS path found = D:\games\Microsoft Flight Simulator\HLM_Packages\

Is this correct?

9 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Your log shows quite a few SimConnect errors on mapping known sim events that should exist. This is usually a sign of a corrupt installation. I see you have a steam install - you could 'verify the  integrity of game files...' in the steam client, under Properties -> LOCAL FILES. However, be aware that this could re-download the whole game.
I cannot think what else could cause this apart from a corrupt MSFS installation, and those errors in the log certainly indicate that there is something strange in your installation.

How this all can to impact on FPS when FSUIPC7 running?

All errors in FSUIPC log can occur because my MSFS version is cracked. But I very much doubt that because of this there can be a FPS drop.

12 hours ago, Ego_Brain said:

All errors in FSUIPC log can occur because my MSFS version is cracked.

By this, you mean that you do not have a valid license for MSFS?

12 hours ago, Ego_Brain said:

But I very much doubt that because of this there can be a FPS drop.

Well, I do not, especially as you are the only person reporting this issue.

I cannot look into this any further if you are not using a valid/officially licensed copy of MSFS.

John