The simFlight Network Forums

settings not applied when starting aircraft in simulator

here are the new logs you requested with the axis box checked.

Those spoilers logs that are not yours are me trying to using the GoFlight Interface tool for my GoFlight TQ6 Throttle set. It did not help and I will not open that app again. The software has not been updated and it didn't work anyway.

FSUIPC6.ini FSUIPC6.zip

The spoiler controls are being logged ok. I don't know why those controls aren't having any affect.
You have assigned to 'Direct to FSUIPC Calibration'. You could try switching to using the FS control instead, and remove the spoiler calibration line under [JoystickCalibration.787]:
    Spoilers=-11903,-7168,-512,12223/24
The calibration looks a but strange in any case - you have a very large null zone set.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for info.

Now back to my original issue with my speedbrake issue. I have reinstalled the QW 787 as recommended by QW support but it didn't change anything. I changed my qw config file to include a new panel state so the lights are now correctly configured upon startup. Still when I touch a joystick button I promptly lose my speedbrake setting again. Have you had a chance to review my axis log for the speedbrakes, so as to see if there is a clue as to why this happens. Thanks 

18 hours ago, Flyer626 said:

Have you had a chance to review my axis log for the speedbrakes, so as to see if there is a clue as to why this happens.

Your log shows several autobrake controls being sent:

790781 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66299 (0x000102fb), Param= 0 (0x00000000) DECREASE_AUTOBRAKE_CONTROL
1091937 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66298 (0x000102fa), Param= 0 (0x00000000) INCREASE_AUTOBRAKE_CONTROL
 8783390 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66298 (0x000102fa), Param= 0 (0x00000000) INCREASE_AUTOBRAKE_CONTROL
8783937 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66298 (0x000102fa), Param= 0 (0x00000000) INCREASE_AUTOBRAKE_CONTROL
8784390 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66298 (0x000102fa), Param= 0 (0x00000000) INCREASE_AUTOBRAKE_CONTROL
10611984 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66299 (0x000102fb), Param= 0 (0x00000000) DECREASE_AUTOBRAKE_CONTROL

However, these are not being sent by FSUIPC. You need to determine what is sending these controls. As this is not being done by FSUIPC, I'm afraid I don't think I can help you with this. Also, non if these events are being sent after a button press.
Maybe you can try running with the logging console open to see what is actually logged when you press a joystick button (any one?) and lose your speedbrake setting, to see what events are being sent when this occurs. I cannot tell when this is happening when looking at your full log.

John

I know this wayward signal is only coming from my Thrustmaster  T-Flight Hotas 4 joystick. It's only on the initialization of the aircraft and never happens again once setting is reinstated. I will have to figure out how to do open log while sim is open and see what is happening. I will also check the autobrake settings but I only do it manually by actually turning knob in aircraft. No buttons are set up for that.

Thanks for trying.

1 hour ago, Flyer626 said:

It's only on the initialization of the aircraft and never happens again

Then maybe its something the aircraft does while initialising?

1 hour ago, Flyer626 said:

I will have to figure out how to do open log while sim is open and see what is happening

Just check the 'Send to console window' checkbox in the logging tab.

John

The text file you attached does not correspond to the log file.

Your log file shows that you have controllers on in P3D:

187 Controllers are set to ON, using RawInput within P3D

Best to disable controllers completely in P3D if assigning in FSUIPC, as P3D has a tendency to re-assign. check that you have no assignments in P3D, or just disable controllers completely.

You also have spoilers assigned to two devices - your T.Flight Hotas 4 and your TQ6:

3=1V,256,D,0,0,0,22    -{ DIRECT: Spoilers }-
7=3X,256,D,22,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Spoilers }-

It is not a good idea using two distinct axes for the same control as they will not be syncronised and can send conflicting values. I suggest you delete one of those assignments.

And your spoiler calibration looks strange, with a very large null zone:
I suggest you re-calibrate your spoiler axis, once you have decided which axis to use.

John

I have now checked again, I did notice on start up my controllers were enabled again, don't why this isn't saved once it is done once in P3D. Do I need to change it to Raw input or just leave it as Direct Input.

The issue still exists with controller not enabled. If you need screen shots to show you this, I have to find another way then using V button to take the screen shot in P3D.

Hotas joystick is allowing any and all buttons to deploy the spoilers on start up, I don't know where or who is making this setting. Like I said it only happens once and even without reenabling the settings it does not do it again. Is it the aircraft or Thrustmaster doing this setting I don't now know where it is coming from.

The setting for my spoilers on my TQ6 quadrant is tricky but it works correctly to arm the speedbrakes right, don't know if I want to do anything since it works fine the way it is.  

I think this is now resolved, cleared the "V"  axis from FSUIPC and the issue has gone away. I never saw this setting in FSUIPC until I looked after this button was pushed that extended the spoilers and it became visible in axis assignment without even scanning. The Hotas joystick has no V axis properties. Where it came from I have no idea since it has been there right from the start before I even assigned the spoilers to the X axis and finished the calibration. Mystery.

16 hours ago, Flyer626 said:

just a quick follow up after scanning on axis set up and I found a spoiler set on the V axis,

Yes, I did point this out to you:

22 hours ago, John Dowson said:

You also have spoilers assigned to two devices - your T.Flight Hotas 4 and your TQ6:

3=1V,256,D,0,0,0,22    -{ DIRECT: Spoilers }-
7=3X,256,D,22,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Spoilers }-

It is not a good idea using two distinct axes for the same control as they will not be syncronised and can send conflicting values. I suggest you delete one of those assignments.

And your spoiler calibration looks strange, with a very large null zone:
I suggest you re-calibrate your spoiler axis, once you have decided which axis to use.

13 hours ago, Flyer626 said:

The Hotas joystick has no V axis properties.

Yes it does:

140 Product= T.Flight Hotas 4
      140    Manufacturer= Thrustmaster
      140    Vendor=044F, Product=B67C (Version 1.16)
      140    GUIDs returned for product: VID_044F&PID_B67C:
      140       GUID= {537FA270-B8BF-11EB-8003-444553540000}
      140       Details: Btns=12, POVs=(0, 0, 0, 0), Cal=x00000000, Max=R255,U255,V255,X1023,Y1023,Z255

13 hours ago, Flyer626 said:

Where it came from I have no idea since it has been there right from the start before I even assigned the spoilers to the X axis and finished the calibration. Mystery.

It is only there because you must have assigned this at some point. There is no way that it can be there otherwise.

John

21 minutes ago, Flyer626 said:

thought you would say that

You thought I would say what - that
   a) I pointed this dual assignment out to you? I did. Please re-read the comments.
   b) your Hotas has no V axis? If that is the case, how could an assignment to this "non-existent" axis cause you any issues, and why is your device reporting this as a valid axis?
   c) you must have manually assigned at some point? Well, I guess that is not 100% accurate. It can only be there if
           1. It was assigned via the FSUIPC assignment dialogs
           2. It was manually added by editing the file
           3. Some other mysterious software added this for you (highly unlikely, but I do know of some utilities that try to do this for you)

No point discussing this any further. Topic locked.

John