The simFlight Network Forums

settings not applied when starting aircraft in simulator

12 hours ago, Flyer626 said:

using P3Dv5.3 with version 6 of this app. I have to reload the settings of aircraft, in my case qw787 everytime it starts up just by checking the tick box in the settings. Why doesn't it save it for startup like it used to do.

John will need to see your FSUIPC6.INI and FSUIPC6.LOG files.  You'll find them in your FSUIPC6 Installation folder. Please ZIP them up and attach them.

Pete

5 hours ago, Flyer626 said:

I might need a little help here locating what folder they are now in, I don't see a module folder anymore in my 5.3 installation.

FSUIPC6 installs in the folder you tell it do when you install it.   Please refer to the section on files associated with FSUIPC on Page 6 of the FSUIPC User Guide!

5 hours ago, Flyer626 said:

found this one but not sure where the other one is.

Your settings are in FSUIPC6.INI in exactly the same folder!

Pete

As well as what Pete has said, the location of the ini is also logged in the file you attached:

Reading options from "D:\Lockheed Martin v5\FSUIPC6.ini"

If that is under your P3Dv5 installation folder, I recommend that you re-install into a different folder. You should install outside of the P3Dv5 installation folder, and not in a windows-protected folder, such as Program Files or under your Documents folder.

John

ok,, I think have resolved this issue. The installation is in P3Dv5 add-ons in my own user document file which seems to work fine there. The first problem was I had two installations at same time so I uninstalled them and backing up my file first with settings. Reinstalled in my user documents add on folder and everything is working better, just still fixing some conflicts with p3d control settings. Is my own document file where the add on's are in and ok place.

I have all my settings correctly inputted and on startup they are now there. The problem is now some sort of conflict that I just cannot resolve, As soon as hit another button I lose my settings and the speedbrakes extend. Every axis has been deleted from P3D controls and key entries too. Spoilers are configured correctly in FSUIPC for my QW 787 and work like they should. Cannot find any conflicts for spoilers anywhere in my system and why do I then have to just reinstall settings with just one click upon losing them.

FSUIPC6.ini FSUIPC6.log

You have a strange error in your log:

1132172 Exception 25 "ILLEGAL_OPERATION", Ref 977, Index param -1 on read AddData for "RECIP ENG TURBOCHARGER FAILED:2"

Not sure where this is coming from...

7 hours ago, Flyer626 said:

As soon as hit another button I lose my settings and the speedbrakes extend.

What do you mean by 'another button'? Does this mean pressing any button?

7 hours ago, Flyer626 said:

Every axis has been deleted from P3D controls and key entries too.

It is better to disable controllers completely in P3D if assigning in FSUIPC, as P3D has a tendency to automatically re-assign your controllers on occasion.

Could you activate logging for Buttons and key presses as well as Events (non-axis controls) and produce another log file showing your issue.

John

Also, I have noticed that you have installed FSUIPC6 under your documents folder. This can cause issues. It is better to install outside of a windows protected folder, such as in c:\FSUIPC6 or C:\P3D Add-ons\FSUIPC6. To do this, re-run the installer and select a different folder. You do not need to re-register, but after you have installed copy cross your FSUPC6.ini and FSUIPC6.key files to the new location, together with any other files (e.g. *.lua, *.mcro, *.dll) that you are using.

Maybe also try re-installing the P3Dv5 client and the QW 787.

Once that is done, show me your log file with the recommended logging activated if you are still having issues.

John 

I have made all the changes as requested but still have same issue and it is only happening when I use the button to change from inside cockpit view to and external view. That button is set up in FSUIPC. Please verify the path for the 787 profile location, there are two places, the 787 cfg file or is it in the 787 simobjects airplane files. My file size has now exceeded your limit, is there anyway I can email them to you as an alternative.

8 minutes ago, Flyer626 said:

I have made all the changes as requested but still have same issue

I need to see your updated FSUIPC6.ini and a FSUIPC6.log file with appropriate logging added (Buttons and Key presses + Events).

12 minutes ago, Flyer626 said:

it is only happening when I use the button to change from inside cockpit view to and external view.

What exactly is happening when you do this? Could you please explain what your actual issue is. And this also seems like a different issue to your initial posts. I have no idea what your issue actually is at the moment....

13 minutes ago, Flyer626 said:

Please verify the path for the 787 profile location, there are two places, the 787 cfg file or is it in the 787 simobjects airplane files.

Sorry, but I have no idea what you are asking here. FSUIPC profiles are stored in your FSUIPC ini file (or files, if using profiles in separate files). FSUIPC does nothing with your aircraft cfg file.

15 minutes ago, Flyer626 said:

My file size has now exceeded your limit, is there anyway I can email them to you as an alternative.

No, just zip them. They are text files and compress pretty small.

John

But what am I looking for? Can you please clearly explain your issue...as I said:

26 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

What exactly is happening when you do this? Could you please explain what your actual issue is. And this also seems like a different issue to your initial posts. I have no idea what your issue actually is at the moment....

John

My settings are being deleted when I hit almost any other buttons on my joysticks, which are my yoke and the hotas joystick. Just happened again when I pushed button to extend flaps from my hotas joystick. What happens is my speedbrakes extend and I have now lost all my settings

26 minutes ago, Flyer626 said:

My settings are being deleted when I hit almost any other buttons on my joysticks,

What do you mean by 'deleted'? I understand that as being removed from your ini file, but this doesn't make sense...

Do you mean that your assignments have no affect? If that is the case, I need to see a log file where you press the button assigned to flaps, and then press another button that has an assignment but has no affect, with logging for buttons and keypresses + events activated. Maybe that is what you have already done - I will take a look at your log files tomorrow, if I have time, but more likely on Sunday. Finishing now for the evening....

John

On 12/17/2021 at 9:25 AM, John Dowson said:

You have a strange error in your log:

1132172 Exception 25 "ILLEGAL_OPERATION", Ref 977, Index param -1 on read AddData for "RECIP ENG TURBOCHARGER FAILED:2"

Hi,

These type of exceptions are always in relation with the selected aircraft. The Majestic Q400 for example always produces these three error messages in the fSUIPC.log file. Majestic support answered, that they don't know, why this is logged but that this should have no effect on the plane.

126515 Exception 3 "UNRECOGNIZED_ID", Ref 2899, Index param 1 on write SetData for "RECIP ENG FUEL FLOW:1"
   126515 Exception 3 "UNRECOGNIZED_ID", Ref 2900, Index param 1 on write SetData for "RECIP ENG FUEL FLOW:2"
   126515 Exception 3 "UNRECOGNIZED_ID", Ref 2901, Index param 1 on write SetData for "RECIP ENG FUEL FLOW:3"

So I assume, the message is related to the specific aircraft used.

See also here: https://forum.simflight.com/topic/88411-exception-25-legal_operation

Rgds
Reinhard

ok, that might be a maybe or maybe not.

I have done hours of trouble shooting and this if what I have found out. In regards to the settings, the only one that is lost/disconnected is the spoilers/speedbrakes when this incident occurs, the rest are still functioning correctly. If I misinformed you about this sorry I did not realize it.

Second on the profile setting it only works for -9 model, the -8 and -10 models those liveries have to be set manually. That is "based upon the 787" setting. The funny thing is when a new model is set this way the issue does NOT occur, press a button the speedbrakes/spoilers setting is still working. If I reload that model when I start up sim again, the incident does happen.

The only thing different about the settings of spoiler is the reverse checkbox is ticked, the rest of my settings that box is not ticked.. don't if this means anything.

Regards, hope this helps.

On 12/17/2021 at 6:29 PM, Flyer626 said:

I have made all the changes as requested

No you haven't! Both zips you attached earlier only contain FSUIPC6.ini files, and both show that you still have NOT updated your ini file as suggested:

[Profile.787]
1=QualityWings 787-9 American Airlines -SATCOM
2=QualityWings 787-8 Air Europa
3=QualityWings 787-9 Turkish Airlines
4=QualityWings 787-9 Hawaiian Airlines N789HA
5=QualityWings 787-8 ICELANDAIR –SATCOM
6=QualityWings 787-9 LOT Polish Airlines SP-LSC Special Livery-SATCOM
7=QualityWings 787-9 Lufthansa D-AIDR -SATCOM
8=QualityWings 787-9 LOT Polish Airlines SP-LSA -SATCOM
9=QualityWings 787-9 Norse Atlantic Airways (LN-LNO)    -SATCOM
10=QualityWings 787-9 El Al
11=QualityWings 787-8 Alaska Airlines (N467AS | 2016) -SATCOM
12=QualityWings 787-9 British Airways
13=QualityWings 787-8 British Airways

Please change that to:

[Profile.787]
1=QualityWings 787

And I am still waiting to see an FSUIPC6.log file with the appropriate logging added (Buttons and keypresses + Events) that shows me your issue.
I cannot help you unless you show me this file. And also show me your updated FSUIPC6.ini file.

John

I have also put in a question at QW's support forum as to why on start up in 5.3 with no settings applied the speedbrakes are extended with the engines running. This is their default setting and it does not make any sense to be like that. I am trying to cover as much ground as to why this happening where I can. A reply from QW takes quite a while to get a response.

On 12/19/2021 at 5:34 PM, Flyer626 said:

Second on the profile setting it only works for -9 model, the -8 and -10 models

You still have not changed your ini as recommended...never mind, but there is no point sending me the same ini each time if you are not going to change it. I only want to see it if you have changed anything. And you will have issues with the profile not being loaded for some aircraft - any not currently specified in your profile section. I don't understand why you do not change this.

Your log shows the assigned control being sent each time you press a button. However, there are lots of other events that are being seen not related to button presses. This may be normal for the QW, I don't know - some add-ons do seem to continuously emit certain events, but they do look strange (especially so many PAN_* events...).
As for the spoilers, there are quite a few spoiler controls being sent upon start-up:

285781 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66068 (0x00010214), Param= 1 (0x00000001) SPOILERS_ARM_SET
   285813 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66068 (0x00010214), Param= 0 (0x00000000) SPOILERS_ARM_SET
   285828 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66067 (0x00010213), Param= 1 (0x00000001) SPOILERS_ARM_OFF
   285891 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66068 (0x00010214), Param= 1 (0x00000001) SPOILERS_ARM_SET
   286047 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66068 (0x00010214), Param= 0 (0x00000000) SPOILERS_ARM_SET
   286094 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66067 (0x00010213), Param= 1 (0x00000001) SPOILERS_ARM_OFF
   286891 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66068 (0x00010214), Param= 1 (0x00000001) SPOILERS_ARM_SET
   287125 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66068 (0x00010214), Param= 0 (0x00000000) SPOILERS_ARM_SET
   287156 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66067 (0x00010213), Param= 1 (0x00000001) SPOILERS_ARM_OFF
   327703 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 96 secs = 32.5 fps
   327703    Max AI traffic was 15 aircraft
   327703 -------------------------------------------------------------------
   330953 *** Entered Buttons option page ***
   334141 *** Exiting Buttons option page ***
   334281 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 65957 (0x000101a5), Param= 2 (0x00000002) FUEL_SELECTOR_LEFT
   334281 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66519 (0x000103d7), Param= 3 (0x00000003) FUEL_SELECTOR_2_RIGHT
   336938 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66068 (0x00010214), Param= 1 (0x00000001) SPOILERS_ARM_SET
   337000 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66068 (0x00010214), Param= 0 (0x00000000) SPOILERS_ARM_SET
   337031 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66067 (0x00010213), Param= 1 (0x00000001) SPOILERS_ARM_OFF
   354203 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=0, Btn=26, Released

I don't know where these are coming from, but its not FSUIPC.

53 minutes ago, Flyer626 said:

I have also put in a question at QW's support forum as to why on start up in 5.3 with no settings applied the speedbrakes are extended with the engines running. This is their default setting and it does not make any sense to be like that. I am trying to cover as much ground as to why this happening where I can. A reply from QW takes quite a while to get a response.

Ok, lets see what they have to say. It does look like something the aircraft is doing.

The aircraft also seems to take a long time to load. You should give it more time before you try to do anything.
And as your spoilers are on an axis, you need to activate logging for Axes controls, not buttons, sorry. Could you try that - produce a short log file where you load the aircraft (wait until fully loaded...), operate your spoiler axis, then exit and show me the log file.

I did change it, not sure why it is not appearing on your end. My aircraft new liveries are having the settings installed upon start up.

I will now follow your recommendations and wait for QW to respond.

[Profile.787]
1=QualityWings 787  this is in my settings.

[Profile.787]
1=QualityWings 787
2=QualityWings 787-8 Air Europa
3=QualityWings 787-9 Turkish Airlines
4=QualityWings 787-9 Hawaiian Airlines N789HA
5=QualityWings 787-8 ICELANDAIR –SATCOM
6=QualityWings 787-9 LOT Polish Airlines SP-LSC Special Livery-SATCOM
7=QualityWings 787-9 Lufthansa D-AIDR -SATCOM
8=QualityWings 787-9 LOT Polish Airlines SP-LSA -SATCOM
9=QualityWings 787-9 Norse Atlantic Airways (LN-LNO)    -SATCOM
10=QualityWings 787-9 El Al
11=QualityWings 787-8 Alaska Airlines (N467AS | 2016) -SATCOM
12=QualityWings 787-9 British Airways
13=QualityWings 787-8 British Airways
14=Boeing 787-8 Scandinavian Airlines (OY-KDK)
15=Boeing 787-9 Scandinavian Airlines (OY-KDL)
16=Boeing 787-10 Scandinavian Airlines (OY-KDM)

My current setting, if this is wrong tell me.