The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG 737NGXu Not Writing Offsets/MobiFlight

Howdy,

I'm not sure if I am doing something incorrectly or there is an issue.  I am using the latest version of FSUIPC, and P3D v5.3. I am currently trying to write the value of the heading in the MCP:
652C 2 WORD MCP_Heading  : when I turn the knob to change the heading to MobiFlight.  I have enabled the broadcast in the _options.ini .  If I turn Logging on in FSUIPC and set the "Specific value checks" offset to 652C    S8    Hex  and display to FS Window I can see the SimConnect Message Window with the value of IPC:652C (S8) = 0x0 (and as I turn the knob this does increment/decrement).  If I also turn on the logging in FSUIPC to see the IPC Writes and send to console window nothing is shown.  How can get these values sent to Mobiflight and should it show in the console window?

Thanks

Edited by randy2101
Forget versions.

4 hours ago, randy2101 said:

I am currently trying to write the value of the heading in the MCP

PMDG offsets are read-only, you cannot write to them. To update the values, you will need to use either standard events/controls, or more likely PMDG custom controls.

4 hours ago, randy2101 said:

How can get these values sent to Mobiflight and should it show in the console window?

Sounds like a question for MobiFlight, but I thought you just configured MobiFlight to read data from FSUIPC offsets.

John

Thanks for the reply. Maybe I should of phrased it that I’m trying to read the value of the heading in the MCP when the knob is turned. When I turn on "Specific value checks" in the logging offset to 652C    S8    Hex  and display to FS Window I can see the SimConnect Message Window where the value changes, but should FSUIPC also log that in either (depending how you look at it) either IPC Read or write. ie send that offset and value out to be read by mobiflight?

3 minutes ago, randy2101 said:

When I turn on "Specific value checks" in the logging offset to 652C    S8    Hex  and display to FS Window I can see the SimConnect Message Window where the value changes

Presume you mean offset logging, so you are logging the value in that offset and can see it change. 

4 minutes ago, randy2101 said:

but should FSUIPC also log that in either (depending how you look at it) either IPC Read or write.

If the offset is being read  from an IPC client, then yes, the IPC read should be logged, if IPC Read logging is turned on.

5 minutes ago, randy2101 said:

ie send that offset and value out to be read by mobiflight?

I think you need MobiFlight (MF) support, if MF cannot read the value. Your offset logging is showing that the FSUIPC offset is holding the correct value, no? So your problem seems to be with MF not reading the value, for which you need MF support. I do not use and cannot help you with MF.

John

If the offset is being read  from an IPC client, then yes, the IPC read should be logged, if IPC Read logging is turned on.

The Read logging is turned on, but it is not being logged..  I would expect that when the heading in the MCP changes value then it would log change in the IPC Console Logging window.  I know that something is happening since I can see the change when I log using Specific value checks.

I wanted to attach some pictures, but they exceed the total size. 

Edited by randy2101
Additional Info

39 minutes ago, randy2101 said:

The Read logging is turned on, but it is not being logged..  I would expect that when the heading in the MCP changes value then it would log change in the IPC Console Logging window.  I know that something is happening since I can see the change when I log using Specific value checks.

I wanted to attach some pictures, but they exceed the total size. 

There is no need to attach pictures. If you say the read isn't being logged, then I understand what that means...

But what is your actual issue? That the read isn't being logged, or that MF is not seeing/receiving the value?
If the latter, then you need MF support. If MF is seeing the value, i.e. it is being read, then the IPC Read logging should log this.
So, is MF seeing the value? If not, please try MF support. If it is, I 'm not sure why it isn't being logged, but I am not going to look into this until you confirm that the value IS being read by MF.