The simFlight Network Forums

Condition Lever Axis

Felipe Bachian

On 1/13/2022 at 6:32 PM, Felipe Bachian said:

Recently, Asobo has added the Condition Lever axis to the control options.

Is it possible to add it to FSUIPC axis list as well?

Unfortunately not, as these are internal controls only and are not exposed via SimConnect.
Generally, for such events (non-axis), you can assign to a keypress in MSFS, and then assign your button to that keypress, but you cannot do this with axis controls.
If useful, you could try assigning to the non-axis controls:

Increase/Decrease Condition Lever
    Increase/Decrease Condition Lever 1/2/3/4
    Condition Lever Low Idle
    Condition Lever High Idle
    Condition Lever Cut Off
    Condition Lever 1/2/3/4 Low Idle
    Condition Lever 1/2/3/4 High Idle
    Condition Lever 1/2/3/4 Cut Off

Also, check to see if they are actually working for the aircraft that you are using. Last time I looked at these, back in November, I didn't have much success with these.

John

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/8/2022 at 11:09 AM, John Dowson said:

FYI, he condition lever controls/events are now recognised in the latest MSFS / SDK release and will be available in the next FSUIPC7 release, v7.2.16, hopefully to be released by the end of the week or possibly early next week.

John

Thank you John! I'll be waiting for the update.

4 minutes ago, stuntard said:

Pardon the ignorance, but how do we use these new controls so the Condition lever can be controlled via FSUIPC rather than MSFS itself. I am trying to setup my control profile for the C208.

The same as any other control...if using an axis control, assign it to an axis. If using a non-axis control, assign it to a button or key press.

Note that I have added these controls and have not tested them in all (or any!) aircraft. If they don't work, it will be an MSFS issue. I'll can take a look at the C208 later to see if these controls work in that aircraft.

John

30 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Note that I have added these controls and have not tested them in all (or any!) aircraft. If they don't work, it will be an MSFS issue. I'll can take a look at the C208 later to see if these controls work in that aircraft.

Just took a look and I don't think any of the condition lever controls are working in the C208. I have tried various and none seem to have any affect. Also, moving the condition lever in the UI logs no control, so it seems like you can't use these at the moment in the C208 (or maybe in any aircraft). 

John

1 minute ago, John Dowson said:

Just took a look and I don't think any of the condition lever controls are working in the C208. I have tried various and none seem to have any affect. Also, moving the condition lever in the UI logs no control, so it seems like you can't use these at the moment in the C208 (or maybe in any aircraft). 

John

Thanks John, I wasn't sure if it was something like that, or just me. I've only just started simming again after a long break so I'm a bit rusty.

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, sflight said:

I can here the engines change as I move my levers but the condition levers in the cockpit no longer move. Weird. 

Sounds like Asobo haven't connected the simvar to the visuals. I don't think there is much that can be done about this at the moment, except maybe to raise a bug report to Asobo to get this fixed.

John

• 7 months later...