The simFlight Network Forums

change, profile creation

18 hours ago, tosco92 said:

hi, i should create two different profiles but which i would use with the same plane, how do i do?

The profile system isn't designed to do that. But you could do it by making another entry for the aircraft with a different title. Open the aircraft's Aircraft.CFG file and fine a section like this:

[fltsim.0]
title=F-14 
sim=F14
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=
kb_checklists=
kb_reference=
atc_id=N001
atc_airline=NAVY
atc_flight_number=001
ui_manufacturer="Grumman"
ui_type="F14"
ui_variation="Grey"
ui_typerole="Twin Engine Jet"
ui_createdby="LM"
description="The Grumman F-14 Tomcat is a supersonic, twin-engine, two-seat, variable-sweep wing fighter aircraft. The Tomcat was developed for the United States Navy's Naval Fighter Experimental (VFX) program following the collapse of the F-111B project. The F-14 was the first of the American teen-series fighters which were designed incorporating the experience of air combat against MiG fighters during the Vietnam War."

Make a copy of such a section, placing it later in the CFG file with a new number --  [fltsim.1] in the above case, or where there are more such sections, the next number in sequence after the last,=.

Then, in your new section, change the Title= line to give it a name which you can use specifically for the other profile.

Pete

On 1/15/2022 at 5:43 PM, tosco92 said:

i should create two different profiles but which i would use with the same plane, how do i do?

Note that only one profile is ever used/loaded for the current aircraft. Pete's comment shows how you can load a different profile for the same aircraft, by giving the aircraft a 2nd name.
The profile loaded will be dependent on the name of the aircraft that you load.

John