The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC working then not...then again and not

72VirginExpress

Those files you posted are useless to  me as they are from an unregistered version. You need to copy the FSUIPC7.exe downloaded to your FSUIPC7 installation folder, replacing the existing one (and where your FSUIPC7.key file is located), and run it from there.

9 hours ago, 72VirginExpress said:

The Fanatec device is a racing sim set up  steering wheel and clutch/brake/throttle set up for. its attached to the computer - via a powered USB

So you won't be assigning these via FSUIPC then? If not, you should be ok with the latest version i posted. However, I would still like to understand why the FSUIPC7 can't get the Fanetic device name, so please post those files again when you have ran it correctly.

John

12 hours ago, 72VirginExpress said:

It crashed - so I renamed the previous version back and it runs fine...so - it seems all is fixed.

Hmm, strange. Not sure which version that was, but could you try the  attached please, keep the same logging (registry logging) as earlier, let me know if it crashes or not and show me your FSUIPC7.log file as well (crash or not). Thanks.

12 hours ago, 72VirginExpress said:

I'd buy you a few pints if I could... if I can tell me how!  

Thanks for the kind offer but really no need - all part of the support service!

John

FSUIPC7.exe

Does that version not crash? If so, please keep using that version.
It looks like the OEMName string is being returned as a unicode string for some reason:
    OEMName found with length 0: 'F' (460041004E004100540045004300200043006C00)

That hex string looks like unicode for 'FANATEC Cl' (only the first 10 letters logged).

It is very strange that you are getting a unicode string returned. Not sure why this is, I will take a look in more detail when time permits, but if that version is working ok for you I will consider this closed (for now).

John