The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC working then not...then again and not

72VirginExpress

Hello - strange occurrences here but know I will receive appropriate help here. 

Had FSUIPC - paid version loaded and it was working had an issue w/i MSFS 2020 so reloaded it (clean install) and placed sim and FSUIPC onto my z drive instead of 😄

No when I start MSFS with the MSFS FSUIPC Icon/exe preFSUIPC7.inip cabin load screen and game starts - however no applet loads for keys/buttons or axis assignments loads - it was there before.  See .ini and log attached as found in - in Z:\FSUIPC

FSUIPC7.log

8 hours ago, 72VirginExpress said:

however no applet loads for keys/buttons or axis assignments loads - it was there before.

What does this mean? FSUIPC7 is a separate executable, it starts and iconises itself to your system tray. You can open it from there, or use the default hot-key Alt + F to display the FSUIPC7 main window.

8 hours ago, 72VirginExpress said:

See .ini and log attached as found in - in Z:\FSUIPC

Your FSUIPC7 installation is in C:\FSUIPC7, not Z:\FSUIPC:
    Reading options from "C:\FSUIPC7\FSUIPC7.ini"

The log file you attached is very short - did FSUIPC7 crash or was it still running when you attached the log file? Maybe check the windows event viewer to see if there is a crash event. And try starting FSUIPC7 manually (by double-clicking the FSUIPC7.exe) to see if it runs ok. If not, you may need to uninstall/update your VC++ redistributables - details in the provided README,.txt.

John

Hi John - as usual your prompt response is appreciated. Not sure why the log is so short. 

Here is what I have done - uninstalled completely - it seems there might have been two versions...a set of FSUIPC folders in C and in Z - 

So I re-installed licensed version onto my D drive - keeping separate from any MSFS and Windows files per se 

It now connects - but I have to go and run the .exe. every time. Once connected - I cannot find the option to assign keys/Axes etc. I've attached a screen snip plus logs and ini

fsuipc issue.png

FSUIPC7.ini FSUIPC7.log

Please do not attach pictures - they tell me nothing - I cannot really see anything in that image die to the resolution. ALWAYS attach files, not screenshots of files.

Your log file is very short, again. The ini file you attached is empty and is for an unregistered version, however the log file you attached shows that your FSUIPC version is registered. Are these files both from the same folder?

14 hours ago, 72VirginExpress said:

It now connects - but I have to go and run the .exe. every time.

Then you either did not install the auto-start component, or your EXE.xml file is corrupt. Check your InstallFSUIPC7.log file - that should tell you the issue. I think that may be included in the creenshot but there is no way I can read that - why didn't you just attach the file?

I have really no idea what you are doing and why you are getting into such a mess. Did you previously have assignments in FSUIPC? If so, locate the ini file with the assignments and copy it to your new installation folder. If you are changing installation folders, you need to move certain files across (.ini. .key, .lua, .macro, .dll) otherwise you will lose your settings.

I suggest that you uninstall FSUIPC7 again, using the provided uninstaller or using the Windows app management panel. Then locate your FSUIPC7.ini, FSUIPC7.key and any other files you are using (.lua, .macro or .dll) and place them in a folder where you would like to install FSUIPC7. Remove all other FSUIPC7 folders - you only need one and I think you are getting confused as to where things are installed. Run the FSUIPC7 installer, and select that folder (the only FSUIPC7 folder with your .key and .ini inside it) for you installation folder.

This should hopefully give just one copy of FSUIPC7, so we can get rid if that confusion. If FSUIOC7 doesn't then autostart, check your Installation log and EXE.xml (the location of this will be logging in the installation log). If the EXE.xml is corrupt, you can delete/rename it and re-run the installer and a new one will be created.

Then, if you still get any issues, show me your files again. Please make sure that You have exited/quit FSUIPC7 before attaching your files.

John

Still nothing when Alt+F

Here is what I have done to date - exactly. 

1) Uninstalled using FSUIPC Uninstaller

2) Used a program I use called restoro to delate all traces of FSUIPC on all drives

3) Went in RegEdit and ensured nothing named FSUIPC

4) Rebooted computer. 

5) D/L FSUIPC again and ran installer - indicating this should install to C:\FSUIPC - which I believe is the default per Installation folder location: C:\FSUIPC7

6) Clicked the FSUIPC based .exe which indicates cabin preparation 

7) Program loads - enter into a scenario i.e place and plane. 

8.) Alt+F = nothing

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Installation Directory contains the following folders/Files. 

Folder - Event Files

Folder - HVAR Files

Folder SDK

Folder Utils

Folder Documents - Lua etc. 

FSUIPC.exe.

FSUIPC.ico

FSUIPC.inio

Excel File FSUIPC7.joyScan.csv

Doubt this makes a difference given it was working before - but I use Windows 11. 

FSUIPC7.log

FSUIPC7_Prev.log

InstallFSUIPC7.log

MSFS.bat

UninstallFSUIPC.bat

See attached Install Log 

FSUIPC7.log FSUIPC7_prev.log InstallFSUIPC7.log

Edited by 72VirginExpress
updateed OS

6 hours ago, 72VirginExpress said:

Still nothing when Alt+F

What does this mean? Alt + F just displays and hides the FSIIOPC main window. You can see the FSUIPC7 main window can't you? The image you posted above shows it is displayed.

What exactly is your issue? Is it that
   - FSUIPC7 doesn't auto-start with MSFS? If this is the case, show me this file:
        C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\EXE.xml
   - there is no Assignments menu? Your log shows that your copy is FSUIPC7 is registered, even though your folder listing doesn't show am FSUIPC7.key file. However, it MUST be there as your lof states it has found these details:

Checking the Registrations now ...
User Name="Greg Jensen"
User Addr="greg@greg-jensen.com"
FSUIPC7 Key is provided

- FSUIPC7 exits/quits while MSFS is still running? If so, add this to the [General] section of your FSUIPC7.ini:
        DisableMSFSMonitor=Enum
     (see point 5. under Problems running FSUIPC7 in the provided README.txt). In fact, you should do this anyway as running under Windows 11. 

If you are experiencing strange issues, I also suggest that you install the latest combined VC++ redistributable package from Microsoft. Uninstall any individual packages first an then install the combined package  - again, see the README.txt, item 1 under Problems running FSUIPC7.

John

I sense your frustration with this as you must also my own John.

I'm not a newb - but also not a skilled programmer such as you - I have as indicated above wiped my system of all traces of FSUIPC and re-booted  to re-install only this program - no add ons for MSFS202 - nothing - only this program.  This is a dedicated MSFS computer per se. I do not add/delete programs w/o a valid reason to do so. 

In this case I was having issues with assignments only and went to correct by updating (internal MSFS Profiles) and FSUIPC7 settings. 

Thus - when invoking Alt+F - nothing happens - it used to show on desktop and had assignments that I could manipulate i.e. set to my Hotas Warthog set up. Now when I Alt+F nothing happens - either on MSFS Screen or behind it in in windowed mode - clicking for active programs running Alt+Cnrl+Del does not show that FSUIPC has been started. 

Trust me I am as frustrated and want the simplicity of assignment setting as you originally created -not my first rodeo with FSUIPC as I used it for MSFS, P3D and now MSFS2020. I am frustrated with what ever has happened here  - To the extent to which I will even share my computer with you if that is what it takes.  

I have added the DisableMSFSMonitor=Enum to the .ini  w/o any difference so will now reboot computer to see if the .ini requires that in order to register....failing this - I will then look into the V++ re-distributable's as suggested. 

Update to this post pending......

FSUIPC7.ini

and after updating redistributales...rebooting - Alt=F still does not open up the ability to change assignments. 

You can see the FSUIPC7 main window can't you? The image you posted above shows it is displayed.

It was working - then not hence the posts title/ however when it was able to be seen in the image previously posted - there was no assignment capability...

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Filename>EXE.xml</Filename>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
<Launch.Addon>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Name>FSUIPC7</Name>
<Path>C:\FSUIPC7\FSUIPC7.exe</Path>
<CommandLine>-auto</CommandLine>
<NewConsole>False</NewConsole>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

Always better to attach files. That looks ok, except the first line is missing - here's mine:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
    <Descr>Launch</Descr>
    <Filename>EXE.xml</Filename>
    <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
        <Name>FSUIPC7</Name>
        <Path>D:\FSUIPC7\FSUIPC7.exe</Path>
        <CommandLine>-auto</CommandLine>
        <NewConsole>False</NewConsole>
    </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

It was working - then not hence the posts title/ however when it was able to be seen in the image previously posted - there was no assignment capability...

So you now cannot see the FSUIPC7 main window at all? What happens when you double click the FSUIPC7.exe (without starting MSFS)?
Do you see the splash screen?  Does it then crash or sit iconized in your system tray? If the latter, can you see any events in the windows event log?
It does look like FSUIPC7 is crashing during the device scan.

If FSUIPC7 is crashing on start-up (which it looks like) could you try renaming your FSUIPC7.key file, temporarily, to FSUIPC7.key.unused, to see if it then runs and displays (although you will not have access to any assignments when doing this). This will bypass the device scan.

You also seemed to have installed FSUIPC7 under an 'Admin' account. Why is this? Are you running FSUIPC7 with admin privileges?
If not, you could try that. If so, try without.

Also please show me your InstallFSUIPC7.log and FSUIPC7.JoyScan.csv files. I don't think they will show anything, but I would like to check.
Your issue is very strange....

John

The computer is set up as an admin based computer - custom built and I requested it this way so no one can access w/o me providing access - i.e ... kids///

Attached files requested

Two options for MSFS - first the MSFS2020.exe - with target location - applications - Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wek......

Second - Icon created by FSUIPC installation -Target C:\FSUIPC7\MSFS.bat Once clicked - Preparing cabin splash screen shows up - sim starts and no ability to invoke FSUIPC7 Assignments as "applet" does not load - in "show hidden icons" in task bar FSUIP7 shows up - but as soon as one overs mouse over it.. it disappears. 

Re-Running FSUIP7(MSFS).ico/.exe does nothing ...it shows as instigated... i.e. it indivccates the game is already running....but no menus on alt+f...therefore no ability to create assignments

Sim starts with FSUIPC7.key file changed to FSUIPC7.key.unused - but still with alt+f invoked no menu - therefore no assignment keys. Weird....but on removing the unused extension menu shows up - but no ability to create assignments... i.e. but we know this not to be the case as I have a licensed version....happy to PM my account details to you. 

FSUIPC7.JoyScan.xls InstallFSUIPC7.log UserCfg.opt

FSUIPC7.logGetting an error after loading latest MSFS update:

Processor            Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz

Windows Build  Windows 10 Pro (64)

21H2

OSBuild                19044.1503

Installed RAM    32.0 GB (31.9 GB usable)

Memory              CORSAIR Dominator Platinum

System type       64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

DISC                       Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB, Samsung EVO 870 2 TB, Samsung 960 Pro 1 TB, Western Digital 500G Spinning

GPU                       EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid

MOBO                  ASUS ROG Maximus XII Extreme

Display                  ASUS ROG PG35VQ        

Window Log Error:

Faulting application name: FSUIPC7.exe, version: 7.2.1.5, time stamp: 0x61efef58

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1503, time stamp: 0xb2acaea9

Exception code: 0xc0000409

Fault offset: 0x000000000008ead3

Faulting process id: 0x46ac

Faulting application start time: 0x01d8196fcf913682

Faulting application path: F:\FSUIPC7\FSUIPC7.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: ed702a52-3cc2-478b-a917-bbbbb973e67c

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

FSUIPC7.ini

Saturday 2/5 @8:48 PM CST.  Is this due to MSFS shutting down prematurely or the cause of MSFS shutting down prematurely?

Edited by N987PL
Added text

Sim starts with FSUIPC7.key file changed to FSUIPC7.key.unused - but still with alt+f invoked no menu - therefore no assignment keys. Weird....but on removing the unused extension menu shows up - but no ability to create assignments... i.e. but we know this not to be the case as I have a licensed version....happy to PM my account details to you. 

Not sure what this means... renaming the key file will run FSUIPC7 as an unregistered version, so you will not see an assignments menu. Alt + F does not invoke any menu, but should display / hide the main menu. I am not 100% sure from your response, but it seems like FSUIPC7 is working ok when unregistered, no?

The computer is set up as an admin based computer - custom built and I requested it this way so no one can access w/o me providing access

Hmm, maybe this is causing issues. It looks like, when FSUIPC is running as a registered version, it is crashing when trying to access your registry.

Two options for MSFS - first the MSFS2020.exe - with target location - applications - Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wek......

Second - Icon created by FSUIPC installation -Target C:\FSUIPC7\MSFS.bat Once clicked - Preparing cabin splash screen shows up - sim starts and no ability to invoke FSUIPC7 Assignments as "applet" does not load - in "show hidden icons" in task bar FSUIP7 shows up - but as soon as one overs mouse over it.. it disappears. 

I would like you to try running FSUIPC7 without MSFS, i.e. do not use the MSFS2020.exe, the desktop icon or the MSFS.bat - just start FSUIPC7 directly from the FSUIPC7.exe please. Could you try running that as explicitly as admin, i.e. select the FSUIPC7.exe, right-click and select Run as administrator. If it still crashes, can you:
   - rename your FSUIPC7.key file again and run FSUIPC7 as unregistered
   - Go to Log ->Custom and enter the value x200000

- exit FSUIPC7
   - restore your FSUIPC7.key file
   - run the FSUIPC7.exe again as administrator

Please do not run MSFS when doing this. The issue with FSUIPC7 has nothing to do with MSFS and it is better to try and get to the bottom of the FSUIPC7 issue without MSFS for the time being.

John

15 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Not sure what this means... renaming the key file will run FSUIPC7 as an unregistered version, so you will not see an assignments menu. Alt + F does not invoke any menu, but should display / hide the main menu. I am not 100% sure from your response, but it seems like FSUIPC7 is working ok when unregistered, no?

Hmm, maybe this is causing issues. It looks like, when FSUIPC is running as a registered version, it is crashing when trying to access your registry.

I would like you to try running FSUIPC7 without MSFS, i.e. do not use the MSFS2020.exe, the desktop icon or the MSFS.bat - just start FSUIPC7 directly from the FSUIPC7.exe please. Could you try running that as explicitly as admin, i.e. select the FSUIPC7.exe, right-click and select Run as administrator. If it still crashes, can you:

- exit FSUIPC7

Please do not run MSFS when doing this. The issue with FSUIPC7 has nothing to do with MSFS and it is better to try and get to the bottom of the FSUIPC7 issue without MSFS for the time being.

John

Hi John - certainly appreciate the follow up - we will get  there I am sure... and unfortunately for me its one of those things that I need to know is fixed...Tenacity has helped me in life - so lets do  this...

Running the FSUIPC7.exe as an admin - shows splash screen at start up...sim loads then runs - clicking Alt+F does nothing - even minimizing window to see if its running in the background and even alt+ctrl+del to see if its running as a program does not show it. I reduced to windowed mode for the sake of argument to see if the F7 icon is showing in task bar to bottom right of desktop and as soon as I hover over it...it disappears. 

Changed FSUIPC7.key to FSUIPC7.key.Test and ran FSUIPC.exe - splash screen sim starts - and FSUPC7 Menu showed up on the whole screen i.e. not windowed as it used to...however there were no assignment capabilities. Close MSFS, renamed key file and restarted - running as administrator FSUIPC7.exe = splash screen shows but no menu/control assignments. 

Decided to uninstall again - reboot, and then re-install with same results above. 

Stumped.  

Can you please show me your FSUIPC7.log file with the custom logging I requested activated and when running as administrator, i.e

On 2/4/2022 at 9:27 AM, John Dowson said:

- exit FSUIPC7

John

6 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Could you take a look at your registry (using the windows regedit program) and tell me what you see under this entry please:
    HKCU\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_0EB7&PID_183B

John

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_0EB7&PID_183B

Default - Reg_ZZ (value not set)

ConfigCLSID Reg_SZ {76D3F6A8-1CC4-45C8-937A-F4079055458EE}

OEMData REG_BINARY 01 00 88 00 00 00

OEMName REG_SZ FANATEC ClubSport Pedals V3

Ok, that is interesting.... The call to get the OEMnamr string is returning a length of 0 for the name 'FANATEC ClubSport Pedals V3' for some reason, and this is later causing an crash to an array being accessed out of bounds. i am not sure yet why that windows call is returning a success code but an invalid length, I will look into this.
In the mean-time, I have corrected the out-of-bounds error that this provokes. Could you try the attached please.

John

FSUIPC7.exe

17 hours ago, 72VirginExpress said:

Downloading your lastest FSUIPC7.exe now shows splash screen but does not start MSFS as it once did

That is because you are running the FSUIPC7.exe - this has never started MSFS. That is what the desktop icon (or MSFS.bat file does).

17 hours ago, 72VirginExpress said:

Can you explain what might have happened? 

Well, as I said the issue is that windows is returning a zero length for the OEMname string. No idea why this is, I will look into it.
I am also not sure what devices you have, and if your 'FANATEC ClubSport Pedals V3' will be assignable, as there is no name given.
These are the devices FSUIPC now finds:
      156    Joy#0: Name = T-Rudder
      156    Joy#0: GUID = {AF2EFD80-7E83-11EB-8002-444553540000}
      156    Joy#1: Name = Joystick - HOTAS Warthog
      156    Joy#1: GUID = {1EC0C490-8054-11EB-8004-444553540000}
      156    Joy#2: Name = Throttle - HOTAS Warthog
      156    Joy#2: GUID = {1156C700-8054-11EB-8003-444553540000}
      156    Joy#3: Name = 
      156    Joy#3: GUID = {02624230-0D88-11EC-8001-444553540000}

Notice the empty name for your device #3 (FANATEC ClubSport Pedals V3). However, the FSUIPC7.ini you posted has a completely different set of devices:
    0=JAY Rudder
    0.GUID={04256470-BFB4-11EB-8006-444553540000}
    1=Redbird Alloy YK1
    1.GUID={0425D9A0-BFB4-11EB-800D-444553540000}
    2=PFC Throttle Quadrant Console
    2.GUID={042600B0-BFB4-11EB-8011-444553540000}

I really don't understand this...what devices do you actually have? Do you have two rudders - the T-Rudder and the FANATEC ClubSport Pedals V3? 

Edited by John Dowson
corrected

This issue could be caused by the OEMName string being returned in unicode format, although I don't understand how this can be.
Could you please try the attached version, where I have changed to explicitly call the ansi version. Please keep the current log settings active - again, just run this (without MSFS) and show me the log file produced.

Also, please let me know what devices/controllers you are actually using. I do not understand the different devices you previously had in the FSUIPC7.ini file you posted. Please also attached the latest version of that file, and also the latest FSUIPC7.JoyScan.csv file.

John

FSUIPC7.exe

I run Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog throttle and Stick and Thrustmaster rudder pedals. - Attached direct to computer via powered USB slots. 

The Fanatec device is a racing sim set up  steering wheel and clutch/brake/throttle set up for. its attached to the computer - via a powered USB 

FSUIPC7.ini FSUIPC7.log