The simFlight Network Forums

Set up views

Reco

Hi 

I want to set up a view from the virtual cockpit and move my eye point to looking down to an underslung load. 

I know FSUIPC has  predetermined views but can I set up my view and assign it  so I can cycle through the 2d cockpit view and my new virtual cockpit view 

When I set up my button I get my 2 views but the virtual cockpit view will always go back to virtual cockpit view looking forward  

Regards

Rhys

8 hours ago, Reco said:

I know FSUIPC has  predetermined views

No it doesn't. FSUIPC knows nothing about the views you have set-up, it only send controls to the FS to change and set views, as you have defined them.

8 hours ago, Reco said:

When I set up my button I get my 2 views but the virtual cockpit view will always go back to virtual cockpit view looking forward  

It sounds like it is going back to the default cockpit view for that aircraft. Have you changes this (in the camera.cfg file)? I really can't help you with setting up custom views - try looking on avsim.com, I think there are several posts / tutorials on how to set this up, otherwise try asking on that forum.

John

Hi,

There are two options, how to set different views of the VC View with the help of FSUIPC.

Option 1: You can define custom cameras and assign some of the free hotkey numbers to them. But you are limited to only a few setups. And you have to avoid conflicts with existing assigned hot keys for cameras. You can map then these hotkeys directly to buttons.

Option 2: You could control the camera of the current view via LUA programs by using offset 0x8680 / 0x86A0. You have to put your actual window title as a string into offset 0x8680 and write then your view parameters to 0x86A0. A sample function shows the correct way to control the camera.

-- function to set cockpit camera for VC

function setCameraVC ( pX, pY, pZ, pPitch, pTilt, pHeading )

ipc.writeSTR ( 0x8680 , "***Your window title go here***" )		-- select view to manipulate
	ipc.writeStruct( 0x86A0 
		, "6FLT" 
		, pX 		-- X
		, pY 		-- Y
		, pZ 		-- Z
		, pPitch 	-- Pitch
		, pTilt 	-- Tilt
		, pHeading	-- Heading
		)

ipc.sleep(100)

end

a little history about the implementation of the offset control can be found here:
https://forum.simflight.com/topic/80484-simconnect_camerasetrelative6dof-not-working-as-expected/

Rgds
Reinhard

• Like 1