The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Lua Library Document 7.2.16

Just now, John Dowson said:

Btw, I am looking to add functionality to add any simvar (or MSFS A type variables) to a free user offset for the next release. Couldn't fit it in to this one (didn't want to delay any longer!), but should hopefully be ready for release by early next week.

John

That will great.

One other thing. I am seeing [E] [ERROR] **** Different WASM version: The WASM version is 0.5.6 while WAPI version is 0.5.7. This may cause issues. in FSUIPC.log.

58 minutes ago, Scotfleiger said:

One other thing. I am seeing [E] [ERROR] **** Different WASM version: The WASM version is 0.5.6 while WAPI version is 0.5.7. This may cause issues. in FSUIPC.log.

That is strange...I see:

58578   [INFO]: **** Starting FSUIPC7 WASM Interface (WAPI) version 0.5.6 (WASM version 0.5.7)

Are you sure that is from the latest release? Can you check and show me the full log file. And did you also reinstall the wasm?

I will check further on that message tomorrow, but it shouldn't be an issue...

John

18 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Are you sure that is from the latest release? Can you check and show me the full log file. And did you also reinstall the wasm?

I will check further on that message tomorrow, but it shouldn't be an issue..

I will recheck tomorrow. No I didn’t reinstall WASM. I just ran the Install FSUIPC.EXE. 

18 minutes ago, Scotfleiger said:

No I didn’t reinstall WASM. I just ran the Install FSUIPC.EXE. 

Then you also need to update your WASM. You should always re-install the WASM from the installer when you install FSUIPC7.
The message is slightly misleading...it is saying the WASM installed is 0.5.6 whereas the WAPI/FSUIPC is expecting 0.5.7. You should update as it may cause issues .

John

Morning John

I attach the full fusipc7.log (includes LINDA logging) from last night. The relevant lines are:

9219   [INFO]: **** Starting FSUIPC7 WASM Interface (WAPI) version 0.5.6 (WASM version 0.5.7)
     9219   [INFO]: Connected to MSFS
     9735  [ERROR]: **** Different WASM version: The WASM version is 0.5.6 while the WAPI version is 0.5.7. This may cause issues.

This morning I get the same INFO lines but no error.

8500 Starting WAPI...
     8500   [INFO]: **** Starting FSUIPC7 WASM Interface (WAPI) version 0.5.6 (WASM version 0.5.7)
     8500   [INFO]: Connected to MSFS

The change.txt refers to WASM updated to 0.5.7 but I can't find FSUIPC7_WASM.WASM in the 7.2.16 download. The version on fsuipc.com is 0.5.6. According to the Installing and Registering document states that FSUIPC7_WASM.WASM file will be installed in my /community/fsuipc-lvar-module/modules directory. The current file is dated 6 Feb 22.

You mention that I need to update WASM but surely this should be part of the FSUIPC6 installation process. If I am confused I am sure most users will be in a similar position.

FSUIPC7.log FSUIPC7 - Copy.log

How come you get different logging? Did you re-install and install the WASM?

13 minutes ago, Scotfleiger said:

This morning I get the same INFO lines but no error.

8500 Starting WAPI...
     8500   [INFO]: **** Starting FSUIPC7 WASM Interface (WAPI) version 0.5.6 (WASM version 0.5.7)
     8500   [INFO]: Connected to MSFS

This is correct, and indicates that you have installed the latest WASM.

The change.txt refers to WASM updated to 0.5.7 but I can't find FSUIPC7_WASM.WASM in the 7.2.16 download.

Well, it is certainly in the installer...

According to the Installing and Registering document states that FSUIPC7_WASM.WASM file will be installed in my /community/fsuipc-lvar-module/modules directory. The current file is dated 6 Feb 22.

This is correct - that is the date the WASM 0.5.7 was built.

You mention that I need to update WASM but surely this should be part of the FSUIPC6 installation process.

It is (but for FSUIPC7, not FSUIPC6, presume a typo)! Please look at the component options when installing - one of them is the WASM.

If I am confused I am sure most users will be in a similar position.

I really don't understand why you are confused. Please tale a look at your InstallFSUIPC7.log file, this will tell you what was installed and where.

John

Hi John#

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

How come you get different logging? Did you re-install and install the WASM?

The different logging was because I turned down the level of LINDA logging. No additional installation (WASM) was done between last night and this morning. The only difference was shutdown everything in between.

I should have checked the InstallFSUIPC7.log. This appears correct although no version numbers quoted. It was my typo - FSUIPC7 used throughout.

The  new ipc.reloadWASM option appears to be working well - all Lvars/Hvars now visible when triggered. Thanks again.

1 hour ago, Scotfleiger said:

The different logging was because I turned down the level of LINDA logging.

The logging level shouldn't make a difference for error logging - they should always be logged, regardless of the logging level. Just checked the code for this as well and it looks ok. Whet logging level were you using when you saw the error? Can you try again and see if you still get that, and if so let me know what logging parameters you are using. I will also update that message to make it clearer what it means.

No additional installation (WASM) was done between last night and this morning. The only difference was shutdown everything in between.

That is strange then. If MSFS was still running when you installed, then this could explain things. However, I think the installer will show a message and not proceed if MSFS is running, so I really have no idea why you saw that message.

The  new ipc.reloadWASM option appears to be working well - all Lvars/Hvars now visible when triggered. Thanks again.

No problem. Cheers,

John