The simFlight Network Forums

Issue Mouse macros

Hello, Whenever I try to assign mouse macros the the pmdg 737 fsx steam with fsupic this keeps happening, I need mouse macros to work with my cockpit.

the box in the simulator keeps glitching white and red and I can’t assign functions

thanks Zaid E

11 hours ago, Zaid said:

the box in the simulator keeps glitching white and red and I can’t assign functions

Can you explain what exactly you mean by this?

Mouse macros aren't really the best way to assign PMDG controls in any case. PMDG have been good enough to supply individual <custom control>'s for pretty much everything. Just find the ".h" type file in the aircraft's SDK and follow those instructions. The list of controls is at the end. You need to calculate the control number then assign it via the <custom control> selection in FSUIPC. See this post in the FAQ section: 

You also posted twice for the same issue. I will delete the other post.

John

Thankyou for the quick reply. I can’t use pmdg controls for what I’m trying to do they won’t work, trying to make panels for my home cockpit, so I really would like the get it working. I am using fsxse and the pmdg 737. Whenever I attempt to create macros. I click start macro making, then when I try to move the mouse over to what switch in the cockpit I want to make as a macro, the green box letters  turns red and white quickly as if they were glitching and I can not click the button in the aircraft.

5 minutes ago, Zaid said:

I can’t use pmdg controls for what I’m trying to do they won’t work,

What control are you trying to use? If there is a control for what you are trying to achieve and it doesn't work, I suspect that there is a problem somewhere else...If there is a conttol available, you should try to use this instead rather than a mouse macro.

6 minutes ago, Zaid said:

Whenever I attempt to create macros. I click start macro making, then when I try to move the mouse over to what switch in the cockpit I want to make as a macro, the green box letters  turns red and white quickly as if they were glitching and I can not click the button in the aircraft.

I need more details than this... After you select 'Create Mouse Macro', you then click 'Ok' to close the FSUIPC window. there should be no message window displayed until you actually click somewhere in the cockpit, and the letters should alternate between white-on-green and red-on-green, as explained in the user guide. Are you saying the message box appears without you clicking anywhere in the cockpit?

I can take a look at mouse-macro making in FSUIPC4/FSX but I don't think this would help, as I don't have any pmdg aircraft, and this functionality has been around for many years without issues. Maybe also try in another aircraft to see if this is a PMDG-specific issue, or is a general issue on your system - or maybe it is not possible to use mouse macros with PMDG aircraft? 

John

I don't think very many of the gauges and switches in PMDG aircraft are susceptible to mouse macros. In FSX-SE (FSUIPC4) that facility relies on the coding of the gauges being strictly to FS2004 C++ programming, using the tools originally provided by MS.  The facility is a 'hack' into the code. Most gauges just aren't coded to suit. In P3D4 and P3D5 the mouse macro facilities depend on new facilities implemented for us by L-M, and are thereby more consistently applicable.

Pretty much ALL of the switches and dials in the PMDG 737 implementation can be controlled using the <custom control>s John mentions.  I think you'll need to explain exactly what switches etc you are trying to program for which you think  there's no provided control already. What have you actually tried?

Pete

i plan on using this to build a home cockpit, and i think that using the controls instead of mouse macros will work. all on click momentary buttons and 2 position on/off toggle switches will be easily programmed, im just having issues coming up with how to use the 3 position or rotary switches in fsupic,l or the apu start switch 

18 hours ago, Zaid said:

for mouse macros, the issue keeps happenig whenver i hover over over any button in the cockpit 

Then it looks like you cannot use mouse macros with that aircraft.

18 hours ago, Zaid said:

im just having issues coming up with how to use the 3 position or rotary switches in fsupic

But what rotary switches - what functions do they control? What controls have you tried - either standard or custom?

18 hours ago, Zaid said:

or the apu start switch 

Have you tried the custom controls:

#define    EVT_OH_ELEC_APU_GEN1_SWITCH                (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 28)        // 28 - APU GENERATOR Left Switch
#define    EVT_OH_ELEC_APU_GEN2_SWITCH                (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 29)        // 29 - APU GENERATOR RIGHT Switch

?

As I said, I don't have any PMDG aircraft do can't really help you with this. You should specify the aircraft you are using (as well as the FS) in the title of any support request as this may attract other users who have the aircraft and may be able to help.

John