The simFlight Network Forums

Offset 0x0BC8 in MSFS 2020 Value Always 0

CXA001

*** Moved from 'FSUIPC Client dll for .NET' sub-forum to FSUIPC7/MSFS sub-forum ***

Hello,

One of our pilots & I are having an issue w/ FSUIPC7 & MSFS 2020 where none of our software detects the parking brake which uses Offset 0x0BC8.

I started a flight with parking brake on and activated logging for the offset. Regardless if I activate or release the parking brake the log shows the following:

104687 Monitor IPC:0BC8 (S8) = 0

I also have some other FSUIPC logging tools that I use and regardless if I release or activate the parking brake I am no longer getting a value of 32767 when the parking brake is on.

***COLLECTING RAW FSUIPC DATA ***
FSUIPC version 0x3306: 7.303
WideFS Client client detected: True
Parking brake 0x0BC8: 0

I have uninstalled FSUIPC and reinstalled it but we still have the same issue.

Any insight as to what may be going on?

Marc

Edited by John Dowson
Moved to FSUIPC7 support forum

First, you posted in the wrong sub-forum. Please take care to post in the correct forum.

What aircraft are you using? If using the FBW A320, you need to use an lvar and spoof the offset to the lvar value, as we already discussed in this thread:

If its not the A320, but some other aircraft that is not using the standard SDK simvar, then you will need to determine what is usedm get that into an offset and spoof the offset again.

Is this any different from last time this was reported?

I posted in the programmers form as a habit. It is rare, that I cannot resolve FSUIPC issues myself. Sorry about that!

This happens with all MSFS 2020 aircraft except the FBW A320 which works fine with the LVAR script.

Regards,

Marc

1 hour ago, CXA001 said:

This happens with all MSFS 2020 aircraft except the FBW A320 which works fine with the LVAR script.

I have just checked this in a couple of aircraft and the offset is working fine here.
Check that the lua spoofing script for the FBW A320 isn't running for other aircraft as this will result in the value always being read as 0 as the lvar used by the FBW A320 will not be available for other aircraft. The script should be running for the FBW A320 only, and so either started manually for that aircraft, or via an [Auto.xxx] profile section used by that aircraft only.

If thats not the issue, try logging offset 0x0BC8 (as U16) and see if the logged value changes.

John

4 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

If thats not the issue, try logging offset 0x0BC8 (as U16) and see if the logged value changes.

Sorry, seems you have already tried that...

If the FBW A320 spoofing script isn't running, I have no idea why this is not working. Show me your FSUIPC7.ini and a log file generated with logging for Events activated and also logging offset 0x0bc8 where you activate and de-activate the parking brake.

John

Hi John,

After generating more logs, I was able to determine that the LUA script was in fact running which was affecting the offset for all other MSFS 2020 aircraft.. I modified the FSUIPC.ini and put the LUA entries in separate profiles for each FBW livery and this seems to have resolved the issue.

Thanks for your guidance.

Marc

10 hours ago, CXA001 said:

in separate profiles for each FBW livery

You should only need one profile for all FBW liveries. Check you are using substring matching to the aircraft (not based upon the livery). You can also switch to using the aircraft.cfg folder name for matching profiles using the UseAirLocForProfiles ini parameter.

John