The simFlight Network Forums

Send Direct to FSUIPC or Send to FS as normal axis ?

Which is the better way to go when assigning a new axis?  I think the manual says the FSUIPC Calibration method is preferred and sending to FS as a normal axis is an older method.  I have found at times the normal axis seems to work better but really not sure what the difference is, can someone elaborate on this ?

7 hours ago, Mark777 said:

Which is the better way to go when assigning a new axis?  I think the manual says the FSUIPC Calibration method is preferred and sending to FS as a normal axis is an older method.  I have found at times the normal axis seems to work better but really not sure what the difference is, can someone elaborate on this ?

'Send direct to FSUIPC calibration' contains the FS and FSUIPC added controls that go through calibration before being sent to the FS. This is generally the preferred method, although can sometimes produce problems with some aircraft, mainly complex add-on aircraft, due to priority levels. If you have issues with this method, switch to sending to FS as normal axis. There are many more axis controls available when sending to FS as normal axis, and many cannot be calibrated (although they can be scaled) in FSUIPC's calibration facilities, although some of the main control axis can still be calibrated if needed, although this can sometimes cause issues (again, due to priority levels as well as masking issues).

John

4 minutes ago, Mark777 said:

I usually run into strange issues with the FSUIPC Calibration method...a recent example being the PMDG 737 for MSFS on just some axis. 

Yes, PMDG aircraft have always been problematic when assigning direct to fsuipc calibration, or when calibrating when assigned to the FS, although some people seem to be able to do this without a problem. However, if there are issues, we recommend switching to sent to FS as a normal axis and not calibrating (and you can still scale/reverse via editing the ini file).