The simFlight Network Forums

Possible to edit aircraft characteristics?

CL30

Hey all,

Haven't been around in ages, but just starting to get back into T3D Pro again, and already starting to pull my hair out lol.

Is it possible to get into the game files and edit various characteristics of aircraft?  For example, things like takeoff acceleration and distance; landing rollout speeds, etc.  It's super frustrating watching biz jets take forever to takeoff (they're rocket ships and accelerate very fast), and prevents a good flow.  Also, what about editing the distance they travel once turning off the runway?  Places like LAS and SFO, and I'm sure others, have a few spots where the aircraft will travel past the first taxiway rendering it unusable, and it really throws a wrench into everything.

These basic parameters, as you know, make it very difficult to run the game in certain configurations, like SFO's standard "Land 28s, depart 1s."

Just curious.  Hope you've all been well!

Edit:  I should clarify that, by changing parameters, I guess I meant more of "Is it possible to assign a Challenger the characteristics of the 73W" in the game...something simple like that.  Even though takeoff distance might be a bit more, at least they'll accelerate and get out of the way at a more reasonable rate.

I feel your pain. From day 1 of T!3DP, aircraft characteristics have been very much a sore spot for a large number of users. The taxiing after landing and other slowness are game engine flaws that were never addressed. Additionally, we lost a lot of customization capabilities with T!3DP that we had in T!2011. Unfortunately this caused us to totally rely on the quality of Real Traffic and Real Color. A poor business decision as these products have historically been sub standard.

Thankfully, it appears, FeelThere has heard the customer’s cries and will reintroduce editing capabilities with T!S3. Hopefully, the game engine will also be enhanced as needed. But for now, what you see is what you get!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, crbascott said:

I feel your pain. From day 1 of T!3DP, aircraft characteristics have been very much a sore spot for a large number of users. The taxiing after landing and other slowness are game engine flaws that were never addressed. Additionally, we lost a lot of customization capabilities with T!3DP that we had in T!2011. Unfortunately this caused us to totally rely on the quality of Real Traffic and Real Color. A poor business decision as these products have historically been sub standard.

Thankfully, it appears, FeelThere has heard the customer’s cries and will reintroduce editing capabilities with T!S3. Hopefully, the game engine will also be enhanced as needed. But for now, what you see is what you get!

Thanks for the reply!  Figured that would be the case...oh well!  Looking forward to the next version.  Hopefully, they'll have a lot of the flaws fixed as you said.  😁