The simFlight Network Forums

RDU Version 1.7 for Xbox x

SMB

When is RDU 1.7 update coming out  for the xbox x. I believe it corrects the elevation issues. I am also wondering if it will fix the sim crashing when A320 and other bigger planes are starting at the gates. 

Hi @SMB, the elevation issues have been addressed with the latest update. 

Can you expand on the issue you are referring to with "sim crashing when A320 and other bigger planes start at gates"? What exactly are you experiencing? What other aircraft models cause this? Is this only in KRDU or also other airports? 

The elevation issue is still not fixed on the xbox x. The most updated version of RDU on xbox x s 1.6.0.  

Sim crashes most of the time on the taxi ways, at the gates, on the runways etc.  It happens to my favorite planes, A320, Cessna CJ4, King Air 350, Cessna 208 and others. 

I have A320 NEO Liveries Pack North America by 4Simmers, Enhanced Airport Graphics by Zinertec, KORF Norfolk Int Airport by VerticalSim and Vessels Global Shipping by Seafront Simulations also installed with no issues. 

KRDU is the only place where the Sim crashes back to the xbox x home screen. 

There has to be a bug in the KRDU add on.

Thank you for looking into this!

Does FEELTHERE have any answers about KRDU crashing FS 20 on the xbox x?  And the elevation floating KRDU airport issue? Is FEELTHERE working on an update? Can someone please respond!  Its been over 2 weeks since posting on this site with no answers.  Thank you.

I am trying to tell you on the xbox x the latest update is 1.6.0

There is no 1.7.0 on xbox x.

Can someone else confirm this please?

This add on crashes FS. I regret buying it. I have no problems with KORF and KDCA from other developers. Maybe this is why KRDU has a low rating. How can you sell an add on thats not working?

Hi @SMB let me confirm with them and we`ll get back to you ASAP. We have definitely updated KRDU. The issue with xBox was that after their update, Xbox was running out of memory and our all our airports had to be modified in order to comply with Xbox`s lower memory requirements. This is why the that update was rolled out. 

Simple Question:  Is there going to be a 1.7 and or a 1.8 update on the xbox x for KRDU or not? The KRDU 1.6 now on the xbox x is crashing FS 20. Can Feelthere team or some body please answer this. I started asking this question on July 19. I am shocked after almost 3 weeks no answer on the status of an update for KRDU on xbox x. When is it going to happen? Is it going to happen?

Ariel,

Where is it? In content manager on xbox x the latest updated version is 1.6.0.   You are not listening to me. 1.8.0 is not on xbox x.

My question is, is it going to be?

And if so when?

Do you know?

When? When?

Does anyone else have version 1.8.0 on xbox x?

Have you checked with the team? What is going on with KRDU on xbox x? Is it going to be updated to version 1.7 or 1.8?

This is crazy. I have been asking this question above now since July 19 only to get the run around!

Can anybody with FeelThere answer back please!

Hi @SMB, we are uploading a completely overhauled version of KRDU today which will be v1.9.0. When it will be uploaded to the MS Marketplace will be up to them. I will suggest to check their upcoming releases link regularly. https://www.flightsimulator.com/marketplace/

For PC users, the scenery should be uploaded within the next few days. 

This is the changelog for KRDU v1.9.0 
- Improved performance. Reduced poly count on terminal and introduced LODs that were causing crashes for some.
- Fixed elevation issues regarding buildings not placed on the ground
- Fixed broken jetway issues. All jetways have been repositioned.
- Excluded new photogrammetry areas within the airport boundary
- Added Runway Alignment Indicator Lights to Rwy 5L, 5R & 23L.
- Added Sequenced Flashers to Rwy 23R.
- Corrected all taxi routes. ATC will now name the routes updated to 2022 maps. 
- Adjusted main terminal parking spots, jetway headings & parking position.
- Added more GA parking spots.
- Removed Aprons covering satellite imagery inside airport boundary.
- Added grass to cover old satellite imagery (Buildings, taxiways that no longer exist)
- Improved light lighting. Added new apron lamps at T2, more streetlamps & parking lot lights.

It should not crash anymore, I will be very surprised if it does! Usually it's due to XBOX having lower memory than most PCs and when it try's to load too many objects and textures, it'll result in a CTD. 
I noticed that the main performance hit was the geometry of the chairs inside the terminal and the parking garage details. I split them into 5 sections that will load higher detail as the camera comes closer to them. They will load a very low resolution model when they are not seen.
In addition to this, some textures have been resized or eliminated completely without any quality reduction in the game. It was using 4gb of texture memory before, and now it's sitting around 1.3gb which is perfectly reasonable for the lowest end system. The airport loads much faster from the home screen and the package size will also be reduced to only 855mb. 

Yes,  it is updated to 1.9.0. However the main  runway in front of the main terminal is in conflict with Enhanced Airport Graphics  add on already installed. The runway has a light snowy white appearance. Looks terrible. I  deleted Enhanced Airport Graphics and the runway looks like it should. I am experimenting. Any ideas as I would like to keep Enhanced Airport Graphics installed for the other Airports. I had it installed with the1.6.0 version with no problems.  Other than this the 1.9.0 update looks great and no crashes yet.

Using Enhanced Airport Graphics there is like a white dusting down the runway and on the grassy area on both sides of the runway the entire length. This was not present with version 1.6.0. but it is present with the updated 1.9.0. version on the xbox x. Thank you for looking into this!IMG_20220828_083655.thumb.jpg.d10f5532991743d04f7baa635521092a.jpg

Thank you @SMB, it looks like it's the skid marks. There is a texture from the SDK named 'tire_gum01' and it may have the wrong surface material set in the addon. For each material, there is an option in the SDK to change which type of surface it is. Asphalt, Concrete, Grass, Ice etc. It's strange how it has never showed up before since the runway wasn't changed.
I'll replace this texture and upload another update. Hopefully that will fix it with this addon.