The simFlight Network Forums

Buttonscreen

Hi John,

Just a question,

Is it possible to create a separate buttonscreen for each aircraft in Wideclient.

I am aware of the fact that you can create multiple pages.
I use a buttonscreen of 6x6 which fits nice on a 7" touchscreen and use the first collumn to navigate to the different pages so leaving 5x6 for buttons.

Some airplanes use several pages, so if it was possible to create a different buttonscreen for each aircraft that would be handy.

Don't know if this is possible at all, or maybe i just overlook the way to do it.

Thanks.

Hi Leo,

There is no concept of 'profiles' for the WideClient buttons page. You could create an initial page with the aircraft selection with "Go To" buttons, and then implement the buttons for each aircraft in separate (and also possibly multiple) pages. You could then select the top-level button page for the aircraft that you have loaded when started.

Cheers,

John

Hi,

As a workaround you could keep one INI file per aircraft in seperate subdirectories. Then you could use a CMD file per aircraft to copy the specific file into the WideFS directory and start WideFS out of that CMD file.

Rgds

Reinhard

On 7/24/2022 at 1:48 PM, aua668 said:

Hi,

As a workaround you could keep one INI file per aircraft in seperate subdirectories. Then you could use a CMD file per aircraft to copy the specific file into the WideFS directory and start WideFS out of that CMD file.

Rgds

Reinhard

Hi Reinhard,

Thanks for the tip, in my case i often switch planes and wanted to automate the buttonscreen displayed accordingly to which plane is selected.
Thanks to your tip i did save the .ini files in a separate subdirectory and i store a different value for each aircraft in an offset which is monitored by the lua running on the client. If the offset value changes, the lua starts a different CMD file for each value which then copies the .ini for that aircraft to the Wideclient directory.

This same CMD then kills Wideclient and starts a it again, as only copying the .ini does not force Wideclient to re-read the ini file.
As for now this works, hope somebody has a more elegant way to force Wideclient to re-read the .ini.

Thanks again for the tip

Rgds

Leo

EDIT: Worked but not anymore, have to troubleshoot why not!

EDIT 2: Ok, works again, forgot to set the WaitForNewData parameter, so it keeps starting the ext.run to copy/restart because data was invallid.

Edited by LeoSchoonbroodt
Works, forgot to set WaitForNewData parameter