The simFlight Network Forums

Hourly Snipets

eharvey650

This question is probably best directed to Eli Grim creator of Custom Schedule Creator program. When compiling my schedule, it states that if the schedule meets certain parameters, snipets will be created. And although my week of KLAX schedule only have 4 full days of flights, I thought it would produce hourly or 4 hour snipets. There were none. The good news is that the sim loaded without problems the whole schedule. I can't confirm this but I suspect that there may be a few arrivals that doesn't spawn. Does anyone know how to trim a daily schedule into hourly snipets? Any help would be appreciated.

16 hours ago, eharvey650 said:

The good news is that the sim loaded without problems the whole schedule. I can't confirm this but I suspect that there may be a few arrivals that doesn't spawn.

Loading a full schedule is not an issue with the game. However, as you suspect, arrivals and possibly departures will not spawn assuming your schedule has realistic traffic volumes. Also, the game has a bug where it will not go past midnight. So, if you have all four days in a single schedule file you definitely will never see the majority of the flights. At a minimum, each day should be a separate file and then I am definitely a proponent of snippets.

I just ran some tests and there is indeed a bug that causes it to be likely that either no snippets are created or only snippets for the last day.
I suspect this is related to one of the latest server updates.

No promises, but I will take a look at it this coming weekend.

Alternatively, you can upload your schedule (including gaandlocal file) via https://schedule.eligrim.de/ and then use the MAKE SNIPPET button to create your own snippets.
However, this is quite tedious to do for a full day schedule or even several days.

I will try to fix the bug over the weekend, but as I said, can't promise anything.

In reply to crbascott: Each day has it's own folder and set of files. So at this point it's only loading one full day of flights.

To EliGrim: I will gladly share the zip file that was created. I've never worked with PM before, but I'll figure it out or I can send via email. Either will work for me.