The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC - Next Release

NaMcO

Hello,

First of all, i am not trying to cause any pressure for a release. I am just wondering if the next version will come sometime after SU10 or if something is planned prior to that as i am going to release new software for my Virtual Airline that depends on the new version and wanted to plan accordingly.

Thanks!

Nuno

11 minutes ago, NaMcO said:

First of all, i am not trying to cause any pressure for a release. I am just wondering if the next version will come sometime after SU10 or if something is planned prior to that as i am going to release new software for my Virtual Airline that depends on the new version and wanted to plan accordingly.

I was going to release v7.3.8 after the SU10 release, but now this has been delayed I will be releasing this at the weekend, on the 28th. I am updating the installer and documentation at the moment, but the exe itself will be near-enough the same as the latest beta available in the Announcements sub-forum. These are the changes:

- PMDG offsets available (but note that the SDK has still not been published)
  - WAPI updated to prevent issues when using multiple WAPI clients
  - WideFS enabled status correctly remembered
  - Presets moved to a separate drop-down menu (in assignment dialogs) available on a separate check-box
  - New offset added: 0x0590 holding Indicated Altitude Calibrated as a 4-byte float (in feet)

I am not enrolled in the MSFS beta program (yet!) so do not know what, if any, changes will be required for FSUIPC7. Unfortunately I may also be on holiday around the time of the release. I will review the SDK/SimConnect (and WASM) updates once released.

John

John,

Are you tracking possible changes with how LVAR are handled within MSFS?  It appears you can set LVARs via offset 0x0D70 (again), which is how it was done via ESP platforms.  I am not sure how this impacts the WASM module.  I've tried using FSUIPCConnection.WriteLVAR(), which uses the aforementioned offset in SU10, I  and appears to work. Interesting times ahead, for sure. Hope you enjoy your holiday. BTW, It's good you're keeping your dad's legacy alive; it was often said critical Sim updates would drop when he was on vacation. 

Matt 

5 hours ago, kingm56 said:

Are you tracking possible changes with how LVAR are handled within MSFS?

I haven't looked at the SDK changes in detail yet - this will have to be after the release I'm afraid as I'm still not enrolled in the beta program.

It appears you can set LVARs via offset 0x0D70 (again), which is how it was done via ESP platforms.  I am not sure how this impacts the WASM module.  I've tried using FSUIPCConnection.WriteLVAR(), which uses the aforementioned offset in SU10, I  and appears to work.

But this should work in the current release, and has been available since I released the FSUIPC WASM module, which handles lvars/hvars/calculator code, over a year ago.  You can also use offset 0x7C50 for setting lvars, activating hvars and calling presets.

BTW, It's good you're keeping your dad's legacy alive; it was often said critical Sim updates would drop when he was on vacation. 

😁

Yes, unfortunately! I had planned this holiday for 2-3 weeks after the SU10 release, to give me time to review the SDK changes and update and release FSUIPC7 before I went away, but the delay in the SU10 release has made this a bit more tricky...hopefully I will geta chance to at least re-build and update anything important and release before I go away.

Cheers,

John

P.S. v7.3.8 has been released.

• Like 1